The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought maybe this would be helpful as many, including myself are planning an EGR delete of some sort. So I want as much info about each as anyone has!

Heres what I know is out there.
1. Elite
2. Dirty Diesel
3. RCD
4. Block of Plates

Soo pros and cons of each? I'm giving what I know, or think I know.. Please feel free to correct me!:wedgie

1. Elites - Pros - full delete, including Wastegate. I beleive it replaces the factory intake elbow, Does it reroute or plug the coolant lines? Cons - Price (1200ish I believe) and wastegate only pulls from one up pipe.

2. Dirty Diesel - Pros -Replaces the factory intake elbow, removes both coolers and plugs the coolant ports. Runs roughly in the 330-340 range I believe. Cons - Eventually would need to get their wastegate and BOV set up... Which I intend to do, just pricey...

3. RCD - I know nothing about this set up but have been told it runs 199. If this replaces the factory elbow, removes coolers and does something with the coolant sounds like a great option. They always seem to make a great product too...Any info

4. Block off Plates - Pros - Very cheap (20ish bucks) Cons - Coolers stay in the truck and coolant still flows in them.

anyone shine as much light as they can on all this, vendors I'm open to prices. Thanks everyone

·
2,183 Posts
good thread. look forwards to hearing from someone who has been doing there reading.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
what the heck happened
noone wants to chime in??

Vendors? this would be a great spot to show off what you got

:help

·
19 Posts
like you said elite's removes the coolers, adds a wastegate which can control the back pressure. Dirty Diesel setup is plates and in take elbow and does remove the coolers but the current setup avaliable doesn't have a wastegate, it is in the works but development is time consuming as we know. The RCD one I haven't seen yet. Blocker plates are what dirty diesel, and from what I hear RCD offer.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what does Elite do? I would imagine it's some sorta plate and then reroute or plugging of the coolant.

I know what I do want is to totally remove the coolers and replace the factory intake elbow with something nice and smooth ... Is it an issue to just plug the coolers VS. add lines and reroute it?

·
19 Posts
elites kit removes the coolers from the truck. Plugs the passage ways that the coolant flows through and uses a waste-gate to control the back pressure in the system so it doesn't get to high, our trucks can get over 80psi on the big tunes.
As far as blocking the coolant lines off on your truck without removing the coolers is not my recommendation. Elite told me you can do it but it will create a lot of heat inside the coolers and also a lot of heat at the intake elbow where the egr valve is. The kit that Elite sells gets rid of the entire EGR assembly in your truck, right from the oxidation catalyst, that's behind the turbos all the way to the intake elbow and they do offer a CFM intake elbow to have a smoother flowing elbow. To use elites kit you will need at least the 275 spartan tune or the 310 but any other tunes from them need custom tuning. There's other tuners that work too. hope this helps. Maybe some other people can shed some more light on this for you too.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I am curious also on these, how much time would it take to install re install these options as I am pretty sure one of my coolers are toast

·
19 Posts
Pretty much have to pull the cab off the truck to do a EGR delete kit. It can be done cab on thou it's just a big pain. Blocker plates can be done cab on thou.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What i'm saying is Dirty Diesel for sure and maybe RCD's delete the Coolers as well but dirty diesel plug the coolant lines where ever they are coming from. i don't have a schematic infront of me. Elites actually pulls lines from where the coolant is coming from and puts it where it was headed? AKA line from PRE cooler to where it goes POST cooler even tho there is no cooler. If it's plugged is that a problem?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Dirty's Deletes everything. Very impressive kit. I think the best on the market right now for custom set up and system control. I however wont be installing it now. My truck has been down now for 3 weeks and Im not comfortable with my dealer installing it. So Rob will have to do it in the summer or fall.

Pisses me off that I had Rob jump through hoops to get it to me for my cab off. But I just dont need the head ache that InMotionJosh went through because the dealer tech didnt know exactly whats going on.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know anyhting about RCD... hopefully Josh or someone will jump in

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
BD

BD’s EGR Cooler bypass kit is designed to help reduce the common problem of 6.0L head gasket failures. By
removing the stock EGR cooler our kit lowers engine operating temperatures and increases engine efficiency.
Another benefit of the full bypass kit over just a blocker plate is that the stock cooler is physically removed which
helps prevent the coolant leak down issue that can lead to a hydro-locked engine!
 Improved low end power
 Increased fuel economy
 Improved reliability
 Reduced engine operating temperature
Ford 6.0L EGR Bypass kit—PN:1090001

Certified for off road use only / May cause codes on 2005-2007 and will require ECM re-flash or programmer to clear

·
139 Posts
BD’s EGR Cooler bypass kit is designed to help reduce the common problem of 6.0L head gasket failures. By
removing the stock EGR cooler our kit lowers engine operating temperatures and increases engine efficiency.
Another benefit of the full bypass kit over just a blocker plate is that the stock cooler is physically removed which
helps prevent the coolant leak down issue that can lead to a hydro-locked engine!
 Improved reliability

Certified for off road use only / May cause codes on 2005-2007 and will require ECM re-flash or programmer to clear
You know this is the 6.4 section right.....?

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Goin to bump this up.. i thought it would get alot more attention....

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
 Improved reliability

are you guys working on any 6.4 stuff?:thumbsup

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
i am getting ready to do one of these but im still having trouble deciding. My cab is coming off in the next 30 days as soon as I get time and I wanna get this done while its off. I think a BOV/wastegate is defnitely a plus!

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.. I really wanna here what RCD's kit includes..

·
288 Posts
Where is all the well loved vendors at?? This is one of the first post on here where I have not seen Vendors chomping at the bit to get there sales pitch in??? What gives??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts