The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RCD delete. Would it hurt anything to just install the Up pipe and EGR valve block off plate? I need to wait for a couple more parts before I delete the cooler itself.

Thanks guys!

·
348 Posts
I have the RCD delete. Would it hurt anything to just install the Up pipe and EGR valve block off plate? I need to wait for a couple more parts before I delete the cooler itself.

Thanks guys!
I would not see why you could not but tor will bart to remove the turbo to put it on seams like extra work to take the turbo off and install it to tie it back off to do the delete later unless you were. It going to drive the truck.

·
3,306 Posts
I would not see why you could not but tor will bart to remove the turbo to put it on seams like extra work to take the turbo off and install it to tie it back off to do the delete later unless you were. It going to drive the truck.
If he did just the up-pipe and egr valve now and egr cooler later he will hafta weld/build a cap to cap off the egr cooler where the up pipe clamped to it. Also, he will not hafta take the tubo off again to do the egr cooler later cause he has a '06 truck that doesn't have the balance port in the rear of the intake manifold like the '03-'04 trucks do that require the removal of the turbo to lift the intake manifold.

·
348 Posts
If he did just the up-pipe and egr valve now and egr cooler later he will hafta weld/build a cap to cap off the egr cooler where the up pipe clamped to it. Also, he will not hafta take the tubo off again to do the egr cooler later cause he has a '06 truck that doesn't have the balance port in the rear of the intake manifold like the '03-'04 trucks do that require the removal of the turbo to lift the intake manifold.[/QUO

Very. True did not think of that. I guess he is trying to run the truck?

·
52 Posts
I'm heard of people using freeze plugs sounds scary but if the cooler bad its still going to eat coolant even with a cap. But that alot of work to do twich. If the cooler leaking you still have to add coolant

·
79 Posts
Most "KITS" have all the pieces you need at a reasonable cost. Good, inclusive
kits like the Sinister kit I used, have the new pipe, the delete, hose and clamps, intake gaskets, turbo kit, and a oil cooler. My parts guy at Ford said "for what you get in Ford parts alone, it's a good deal".

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts