The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a box of used parts a edge juice w attitude, exhast, banks ram air system, and there was some block off plates. So I pulled the egr valve stuck the block off plates under the egr valve and bolted it back on. I have two more identical plates. What would they be for? There was a washer with the center welded shut that I clamped on the egr cooler side and took the pipe out. I didnt get any directions for the delete so Im wingin it. Also when the eb is on it makes a wield whistling sound now?

·
6.7L Man Van
120 Posts
Whistling sound is an exhaust leak. You need to have the paper gasket in place on your blocker plates and they need to be snug or you will have that annoying whistle.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just put a new mass air sensor in cause it was running bad smokin and loping like crazy pull the sensor and it would idle fine. Got it replaceed and it still does the same thing. I dont know what to do with it. We put the stock air box on and eliminated the programer. Thats all we did yesterday exept pull the egr tube. I guess Ill have to pu the tube back on.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i put the egr tub back on and it runns fine, any ideas on this block off kit, What all has to be done to block off the egr?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Did you unplug the throttle valve on the air inlet? It's above the cold side ic pipe on the back side of the intake horn. I bet that's you issue

Reactions: King

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you unplug the throttle valve on the air inlet? It's above the cold side ic pipe on the back side of the intake horn. I bet that's you issue
Im quite dumb to this truck Ive only had it a week whats a ic pipe? It just gets unpluged?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Im quite dumb to this truck Ive only had it a week whats a ic pipe? It just gets unpluged?
IC = Intercooler Pipe... follow it up to the intake horn. On the back side of the intake horn you need to unplug this
its kinda a pain in the :bubba. but what you are unplugging is a valve that blocks air from the intercooler when the egr opens to allow the hot air in. By unplugging it it will not close. Try that with your egr delete.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IC = Intercooler Pipe... follow it up to the intake horn. On the back side of the intake horn you need to unplug this
its kinda a pain in the :bubba. but what you are unplugging is a valve that blocks air from the intercooler when the egr opens to allow the hot air in. By unplugging it it will not close. Try that with your egr delete.
I will try that when i get back.

I now have a code 244 low exhaust press. And my overhead says catalist full. I know its not full cause its laying in the scrap trailer. Do you think this would e caused by a bad sensor? The exhast i put on had o2 sensors with a box and everything plugged in right, cel light came on 35 mi down the road along with the catalist full overhead.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Clear codes, check your Simms and you should be good to go.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are simms?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Your running edge right? You should have some "sims" that plug into your harness, to fool the ecm. They go in the connect for i think the exhaust temp plugs, the hard lines are the dpf pressure sensors and you have them hooked up correct? You must not have the sims becuase they should prevent the codes you have.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ya Ive got the edge juice with attitude there wasnt much to hook up injector harness, turbo timer, power, egt, and ground, I have the directions for that its all hooked up. The exhaust that I got was turbo back using stock tail pipe the sensors were in it exept for the two big sensorsbut the holes for them were in the pipe everything plugged in.

I pulled the block off plates for the egr I have 4 plates that are rectangularish that are all identical, I can only see where I would need 2 under the egr valve. You had said disconect the throttle valve, I havent had time to do that yet but isnt that going to turn on my cel? Is there somthing that should plug in to the throttle valve harness?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Ya Ive got the edge juice with attitude there wasnt much to hook up injector harness, turbo timer, power, egt, and ground, I have the directions for that its all hooked up. The exhaust that I got was turbo back using stock tail pipe the sensors were in it exept for the two big sensorsbut the holes for them were in the pipe everything plugged in.

I pulled the block off plates for the egr I have 4 plates that are rectangularish that are all identical, I can only see where I would need 2 under the egr valve. You had said disconect the throttle valve, I havent had time to do that yet but isnt that going to turn on my cel? Is there somthing that should plug in to the throttle valve harness?
Ok, 2 of the plates go under the egr valve on the intake horn, the other 2 go in place of your egr cooler, but your missing the coolant hoses. You need to order a sim kit to plug into your harness where the sensor where plugged into for your exhaust, the hard lines also hook back in. DPF Sims I am guessing you dont have these..

The sims send a signal to block the exhaust codes, for the EGR you will need to set your edge to clear codes on start up, and you will have to wait for the edge to say codes cleared before you start the truck, the down side to that is that it clears any code that the truck has.

·
Truckin it up!
1 Posts
EGR delete instructions

I followed these instructions and works fine. If your deleting EGR valve and not the EGR cooler, you need to pull the butterflys out of your recirculating valve. The EGR cooler delete has instructions out there too. SIMS are SIMULATION plugs that you can make (with some solder and resistors). Sims plugs are used when you disconnect something to fool the computer that its still connected. theres instructions out there for all these deletes. google it.:toytruck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts