The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im running a large tune on an o3 lb7 i have a stage 5 trans ppe boost incress valve ppe lift pump 4in exhaust intake i lookin for a way to keep the egts cool with out turbo or inter cooler any sugestions i will go that route if i have to just not lookin to pull the turbo dosent look like fun so is there any way to cool it down or do i need a turbo and intercooler:fan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm guessing your running PPE? If not and you do have efi live, alot of times a good tuner can write a custom tune to back down the egt's using proper timing and data logging.

Do you have the BD manifold, that might lower it some? Also I guess you could check into water/meth injection. I have been told fuel atomization can cause high egt's also, maybe an Air Dog or Fass system would help.
Just some suggestions.

·
188 Posts
large exhaust and water/meth or just water injection would help.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
large exhaust and water/meth or just water injection would help.
pure water injection would be a good way to cool it down, no methanol required, the methanol is like adding extra fuel, its not needed if your main goal is cooling the egts :thumbsup

NO2 creates a colder aircharge into the engine, and it should lower egts as well as help to clean up excess smoke

the turbo on the LB7 is easy to get to as compared to the LLY or LBZ and LMM engines

you could have it off in a couple hours:happydance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i just a lil scared of the water meath is there any way it could mess something up i not tryin to replace a motor cuz i got water in the wrong place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts