The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the truck on the 65 and 85 horse tunes for a while without having my gauges installed. Finally got the time this weekend to put them in and I see on the 65 tune egt's get up into the low 1300's on long hillclimbs in 5th&6th. They drop imediatley when I let off. How much is too much? The probe is located pretty much at the end of the passenger side manifold.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
1300 is fine. some guys blast theirs up to 1600 for breif periods of time. just dont undergo prolonged periods where you are driving at higher egt's. I dont see more than 1200 if im mashing it up the hill, but the diablo runs a little hotter than the quad.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm going to order up an exaust and that should help. Just curious what tranny mods you have as I don't see any listed?

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Zero. My ally is bone stock...til this winter :evil:

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
:Thumbup: :agreed: :whs :wierdo LOL ... J\K ...

He is right 1300 is ok but watch it if it get any higher than 1400-1500 dont hang out their for very long.. short sperts I know mine will peg my 1600 deg guage in less than 1\4 mile. but its only their for less than 14 sec and dropps fast. An exaust system wil help alot.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
haha i better get a calling card for when i build my tranny LOL

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really cranked on it today going up over the bypass doing around 95-100 and looked down-egt's at 1487!!! Holy @#%&! back off! Truck seems O.K. though. My ? is how much will a downpipe back kit lower my temps?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
TheBac said:
You can easily see +1600* for veryyy short periods when drag racing...dont ask how I found that out.
Tom, how do you have time to watch gauges while racing? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
fordt said:
Our trucks don't go as fast as yours LOL We have about forever to look :poke: LOL
I don't even look in Wendy LOL OH Wait I don't even have a EGT gauge Wendy because Pat knows I won't look anyway :sofa

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
I think i would only have time to soil myself if i were even riding in Casper haha

·
3,939 Posts
Kat said:
Tom, how do you have time to watch gauges while racing? :shrug:
Shoot...compared to Casper, I have time to eat a sandwich, have a drink of soda, even make a cell call....LOL LOL

Its the UPS training....keep my eyes moving. At the top of the track, just before the lights, I'll steal a quick glance. With the digital gauges, all I need is a glance. The reading made my eyes widen -- 1750*! I definitely need a CAI!

Kat, you would have loved to see me beat this late-model Camaro my last time at the track. 12.97 to 13.09. He was sitting in my exhaust the entire way down the track. Boy, was he PISSED! LOL LOL LOL

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
As far as CAI, check out the S&B's Tom. I really like mine and it was cheap! and theyre 8 layers of media.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
yeah me too. just thought id mention. ill post some pictures on another website for you tom...haha

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Lol, I think riding in Casper would spoil our truck, sorry for the OT post by the way

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
TheBac said:
Shoot...compared to Casper, I have time to eat a sandwich, have a drink of soda, even make a cell call....LOL LOL

Its the UPS training....keep my eyes moving. At the top of the track, just before the lights, I'll steal a quick glance. With the digital gauges, all I need is a glance. The reading made my eyes widen -- 1750*! I definitely need a CAI!

Kat, you would have loved to see me beat this late-model Camaro my last time at the track. 12.97 to 13.09. He was sitting in my exhaust the entire way down the track. Boy, was he PISSED! LOL LOL LOL
:Thumbup:

Those are the best passes Tom :woot:

The Vette guys on Friday where asking me why I didn't bring the Meanie out anymore. Told them Meanie won't run a 10 :sly:

·
243 Posts
not to hyjack firehillbilly's thread but do you have to worry about oiled filters in the cai i have heard that the oilless are better for the turbo.but i always thought that there is no problem if you use the correct amount of oil. what do you guys think?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.