The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you all have had for high egt's with the spartan or any other tuner on the truck? Thanks

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
1760 is as high as the sensor will read, and im sure numerous people have hit that, and im sure i have also

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang i get real nervous at 1600 i have hit 1680 on accident

·
1,077 Posts
I bury mine at 1760 probobly everytime I drive my truck. No problems yet. Bin doing it for over a year now.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
i try to keep mine lower than 1500

while i was still stock i saw 1400 in regen

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my defuel ste at 1600 might want to bump it up lol or just get a bigger turbo

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
Water/meth if your not a racer would be much cheaper than a turbo and nitrous fills. But I'm always one for get all three then you know your good.lol. Are you scared of meltin the dodgey?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck yes im not a full blown racer or puller just like to go out have some fun every now and then. I like to watch other people blow chit sky high lol

·
1,077 Posts
I would definetly go with water then. Bug juice is cheap and your truck will get better mpg, stay cooler and have a little more power. I just hope you don't pull the head off that 6.7 cause it does bring your cylinder pressure quite a bit higher.

·
1,077 Posts
I'm not trying to say 6.7's are more likely to blow up I'm just saying that would be a consern if I was you. Btw how do you like the new dodge with the dpf off? I see southbend in your sig so I guess you don't haveta worry about the trans.lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just curious what you all have had for high egt's with the spartan or any other tuner on the truck? Thanks
I have the sct with innovative custome extreme tune and see around 1500-1600. Sure it would climb if I kept my foot in it.:happymugs

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not trying to say 6.7's are more likely to blow up I'm just saying that would be a consern if I was you. Btw how do you like the new dodge with the dpf off? I see southbend in your sig so I guess you don't haveta worry about the trans.lol.
I love it totally diff beast lol so far almost 25,000 trouble free so far. I got the small dd3250 clutch and cant say enough bout it best investment in the truck.

·
1,077 Posts
I love it totally diff beast lol so far almost 25,000 trouble free so far. I got the small dd3250 clutch and cant say enough bout it best investment in the truck.

What kind of mpg do you get when you drive it with your programming cranked right up?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
on 6 with the low end set to 2 or 3 thats bout the best just rolled over 42,000mi and just went on a 730mi road trip back home and got 605mi to 30.34 gallons not to bad that was running 65-75 mph i dont speed no more got a 79mph in a 55mph that one hurt the wallet and some points on the ole license.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
20mpg is a hell of alot better then stock.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no chit before my turbo went out at 20,000 and all the o2 sensors went funky the best i got was 14-16 maybe at 65 mph and at 4.95 one point in nebraska city nebraska that really hurt the credit card ouch how do you guys do on mpg? Im just happy to get over 600 mi on a tank not bad in my book

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
depends on how you drive it and where you dive it.. some claim low 20's but that's on the flat land. If I dive what I call "normal" I only get 12-16 but then again I went through a set of tires in under 20,000 KM's!! lol I can see 18ish if I stay away from the hills and off the throttle.. but I am also running 37's

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
IF and only if I can keep my foot out of it and do the speed limit. I've seen 22+mpg. Usually travel at 75-80mph and get around 17-18mpg. Stock I would get 11.5-14 depending fuel quality.

·
1,077 Posts
I've got 20 before and that's the best I've ever got. I have a brick tied to my foot usually. I average 12 - 15 usually. Now I have 37's as well so I dunno what ill get but it seems to acctually have gotten better since the lift.kinda wierd...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts