The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody else tried the little $20 elbow on ebay? well at least thats where i seen the one i got... Havent figured out how exactly it works but my throttle response got touchy as crap... I figured for $20 it wouldnt hurt to try... think its got something to do with the wastegate... Its said to get more boost out of the stock turbo... Just figured id ask... Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also to share the happiness... if you look under "cummings" on ebay you get some people that dont know its really spelt cummins trying to sell there parts... I watched a hypertech go the other day for $100 bucks... lol

·
3,514 Posts
Its just an adjustable boost elbow. I run one on my truck, only I don't have the adjustable one. All it does is let you build more boost before the wastegate opens. The tricky part is, it will only work up through 2000 if you have an auto trans and the stock turbo. I'm not sure about the manual trans, I don't know what type of WG acuator they used, off the top of my head. So anyways, there is a line coming from the compressor housing on your turbo, to the wastegate actuator, There is an elbow coming at one end, Remove the stock elbow, put the new one in, hook up the line, and start turning the allen screw until you get it where you want it. Provide your truck isn't newer than 00. They are a great little investment, good luck.
Sean

·
3,514 Posts
missed yer question there. If you just plug it, your WG won't open, and you'll build way more boost, and push your hx35 out of its effective compressor map.
you'll start building heat faster.
Sean

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can as long as your turbo is not an hy35 which came on 01-02 auto's all the elbow does is limit the air flow delaying the opening of the waste gate

·
93 Posts
does any one have a pic to show the difference between the 2

·
93 Posts
what Y. the one that goes to the wastgate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts