The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GOOD OLE BOY
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys newbie here heard about people swapin 05 intake elbows onto 04 trucks and removing the throttle body was wandering if it was really that easy and if it would work with the cfm+ elbow saw pics of someone usin the accufab elbow liked the idea of this mod very interested but would like some feedback

·
793 Posts
I did it on mine it's that easy pull off the factory one and put on the 05+ tuck the wires up and your done

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
Yep real easy to to do just reuse the right short bolts and make sure ya get the boot on tight or you'll get a nasty suprise on the highway.

·
vendor supporter
700 Posts
When you disconnect the throttle body your check engine light will come on. At least thats what my 04 did. jason

·
883 Posts
save your money on aftermarket elbows and try and find a stock 05+ elbow on ebay. The amount of gains you will get with an elbow are miniscule. I had an intakeelbows.com elbow on my truck and noticed zero difference.

·
793 Posts
BARRY1ME said:
save your money on aftermarket elbows and try and find a stock 05+ elbow on ebay. The amount of gains you will get with an elbow are miniscule. I had an intakeelbows.com elbow on my truck and noticed zero difference.
Have you seen the elbow on the 04 and earlier:popcorn: , there is a little noticeable difference but you pry would get the same by just switching to an 05+ elbow, as the earlier ones are restrictive.
If you do go with the flimsier model don't overtighten as it will make it out of round just go buy a can of hairspray and spray a little on both surfaces and tighten to spec and it won't pop off.

·
GOOD OLE BOY
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i tell ya what guys racin season is comin soon so i'll get the cfm+ and put it on after i do some mpg and 1/4 et tests and we'll see what happens oh and i also heard if the ecm has the latest flash the 04's won't turn on he cel its just hearsay to me so i'm not positive

·
3,306 Posts
I've got an '04 which use to have the throttle plate but no butterfly. If you unhook the harness that goes to the throttle body spacer, you'll see that there are no pins inside of the connector, if you have the throttle body that doesn't have the butterfly. Therefore if you disconnect it it will not through a CEL unless it has the butterfly. I got rid of the stock elbow and throttle plate and got a banks high ram intake elbow kit. This kit comes with the big elbow and a bigger discharge pipe from the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I had a intakeelbow.com and it was a POS....now I have a CFM+....HAve ran the truck and dont know If ill notice a difference since I put big big injectors and compounds on...but it looks nice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts