The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone make the conversion from the stock fan setup to electric fans? Curious what your results were and if anyone has recommendations on fan setups? Thanks.

-Will

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'm doing it to both of my trucks this spring. I already have the fans off. I just need to put electric fans back on. I'm going to try and steer away from the flex-a-lite and put something together at a parts store. The flexalite is a 800 bucks and I could probably do something at the parts store for under 200.

·
1,189 Posts
if I remember right summit had the flexalite fans just under 600 I think.. when you get yours done let me know how you did it I want to do this.. but my time will be very limited to figure it all out this year building a house and the cabinet business is going like crazy if all goes as planned we will be booked through summer and possibly through fall

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've heard mention before from somewhere that if i kept pulling heavy loads to stick with the stock fan but can't say i really understand why that's the case. anyone care to share some knowledge? thanks

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Others argue that at higher RPM's electric fans won't flow as much as a stock one or the cooling capacity is slighty decreased or something of that nature. But I'm all for them.

I don't got any kind of fans on either of my trucks. My 2002 will be getting electric ones shortly. Hauling about 3 Tons on a cold day and I don't have any problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts