The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have previously read all the other articles about electrical issues. Since mine has been some what unique compared to the others I thought I would share my issue.

Recently I've been hearing hard cranking like its drawing alot just to fire.

Sometimes I'll have to push the clutch in a couple of times to get it to start.

Most recently, it wouldnt start so I figured the terminals were dirty again since I just left my house. So popped the hood and wiggled the cable ends on the terminals, no go. Hot battery ground. Repeated that again and on the third attempt it fired off and I drove it home.

Now on the drive home the ammeter or volt meter on the dash board stayed at the first mid mark how its got 8 ' ' ' ' 18, didnt bounce around or anything. But before I had this problem it would run at the second mid mark and at sometimes it would fluctuate. Nope it stayed at the first mark.

Any thoughts appreciated. Going to test everything in truck hopefully soon but wanted to hear your thoughts first as the whole electric thing is not my greatest area. Thanks.

·
572 Posts
if the cables are hot, you have a bad connection somewhere, and if your alternator is not charging, it is usually caused by a bad crank position sensor signal.

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked all the connections today all were good. The battery was reading 12.16v but all the cells were crap. Had another thrown in and it fired right up no prob but the ammeter on dash rose slow or not at all for volts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts