The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am writing this for my friend that keeps having same type of problems with his 05 ram 5.9 quad 4x4. Every couple of months he is at the shop with electrical problems. He has had two radios, couple of heater switch panels. Window motors have all been replaced one time or another. Some of the power locks have been replaced. Dash lights problems. Blower motor has been replaced. He has had problems with the inside plastic on the doors just assume they were weakened by repeated removal. Today none of the windows work and to top it off the dash cracked in half. He is a farmer and the inside and outside are always covered in layers of dust in dirt could be possible problem? But isn't it a truck?

Questions
1 Has any one else had numerous electrical problems like this?
2 Ever heard of the dash cracking in half?
3 Have any suggestions on what to do to help electrical problems?(besides get a ford)

·
3,514 Posts
Look into your states lemon laws. My truck sees plenty of abuse living on an orchard and cattle ranch. Same dust thing. The dash cracking part, that can happen to any vehicle but the dodge rams all seem to do it. The ways to prevent further spread or prevent it from happening in the first place are to get a dash mat, or keep the dash coated with armor-all. The heat from being in exposed to the sun, and rougher riding suspension than cars, and the kind of abuse that trucks see, make them more prone to cracking, But both of my dodges have done that one and so has my ford and my brothers ford as well.

the electrical doesn't sound right though. The only electrical problems I have had with my dodge, which is a 2nd gen not a 3rd gen, have been self induced through modification, and the window switches didn't want to cooperate for a while, but simple cleaning with contact clearer fixed that. I haven't heard much of anything about these trucks having those kinds of problems though.
Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts