The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 F-250 7.3 Manual. Multiple problems continue to grow over past 2 days. 1. Heater blower does not tun off when ignition is turned off. Blower will turn off from heater control. Turning heater control with ignition off you hear the clink under the hood as you would when turning the ignition on. 2. Periodic 5 chimes, 5 times. 3. Occasional ABS light. 4. Speedometer, odometer and cruise control stopped working.

Have pulled and move relays with no change of symptoms. Put relays back to original position. Please Help

·
BODEY
107 Posts
I would mack sure all plugs are tight.The fire wall plug be hind your pcm might need to be tightend ,thats abig one with these trucks. it just sounds like a plug cause you have so many things going on. And there is so many things going on in A plug. GOOD LUCK.

·
391 Posts
Does this seem to happen during and for a few days after it rains? Fords of this vintage have a lot of problems with windshield leaks. The water always driups onto the GEM under the dash. When it gets we, weird things can happen with all those you have mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. Yes I believe it is water. Have not seen any but the issues are going away since the rain stopped. Only the speedometer remains and it has started working intermittently and with some bouncing. That is progress because it completely stopped when I first posted. Any particular place the water enters? Think I could fix it with RTV or should I just bite the bullet and have a professional reseal it? Weird stuff, I thought I was going to have to call an exorcist :) Thanks again.

·
391 Posts
Just have it resealed. It's usually not that expensive to do and the window should come out clean. I think they charged me $60 to have mine done. Don't wait too long. If it gets wet for too long, it can cause permanent damage to the GEM.

Reactions: Mikey51
1 - 5 of 5 Posts