The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one is 480$, IDP is 530 with the extreme tune, and IDP has dyno numbers for a stock truck at 410/740. just wondering which one i should go with, im ordering my SCT today :D

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
If all you are doing is a tuner and possibly a pipe/intake, they are both very similar in terms of power, etc. If you want to go beyond that, Tadd's shop is more inclined toward aftermarket parts (injectors, fule systems, turbos, etc.). Elite runs some of the highest HP trucks out there, and is actively working on ways to go even higher. ID is clearly a leader in SCT tuning, and probably should get a lot of the credit for the success of the SCT. They also, I am sure, could tune trucks with aftermarket turbos, etc. However, as far as I know, they don't actually build high performance trucks, so if that is where you may end up, Elite is probably a better choice.

Ralph

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have both of there race tunes. IDP is good but elite's insanity tune is the best tune I have ever used. I love how the T/C only locks at full throttle and the insanity tune has more bottom end than any race tune I have ever used. The bottom end on the insanity tune is wicked when dealing with traffic, almost no turbo lag.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How does this Insanity tune stack to Eric's Xtreme Street tune?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
our insanity tune makes a fair amount more power than eric's street tune, the insanity file is a RACE file, though me and many others drive it on the road and i even tow big trailers with it
robert

·
Registered
110 Posts
No kidding. So it produces even more than his Xtreme Street tune? I'm interested! Could you email me the price for the program?

[email protected]

You just email them over to download to the SCT correct? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
they are very close, tadd's may be a lil higher, or erics you would have to try both.
robert

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
They are both sick tunes....Extreme race and Insane....they drive different for sure and it's going to depend on your personal preference as to which you prefer...as far as all out power you will have to have a dyno run to call it....cause they are close...The Insane tune has a sweet spot with the pedal and rpm's and once you master it it's fun chit to drive....when you first load it up be easy for a bit or you might scare the piss out of yourself ....LOL
jschall

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
jschall said:
... or you might scare the piss out of yourself ....LOL
jschall
When you get to be my age, getting piss out is already a problem, don't need to add "scaring" it out to the list of problems....LOL

Ralph

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
LOL LOL

if only we could patented it as a homeopathic diuretic RL....
It could be hard on those trucks with cloth seats....not to mention the laundry bill...

·
Registered
461 Posts
75867586 said:
How does this Insanity tune stack to Eric's Xtreme Street tune?
Honestly, I have no idea. I have heard that Eric's Xtreme Street is the same as the Xtreme Race except for converter lock-up. If so then I would say they are probably pretty darn close.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Fast-6.0 said:
Honestly, I have no idea. I have heard that Eric's Xtreme Street is the same as the Xtreme Race except for converter lock-up. If so then I would say they are probably pretty darn close.

Yes, that's pretty much true. We do a few little tweaks to the Race, that make it a "race" program, but on the dyno they would be very close in power.

I think the Insanity and our Xtreme are pretty much using all of the available fuel.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
hahaha
you descide which injectors to go with tim?>
rob

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
So how much do you have to change the tune when you run bigger injectors?
Can you run the same Xtreme tune, or Insanity tune?
If you do go with bigger injectors...say 225cc's, do you have a tune that is "Tested and Tuned" to be the most powerful for those injectors, or is it a "try this" type of senario.

Cuz unless I come down there and someone "tunes" my truck to the injectors/fuel system/intake/exhaust/blah, blah, blah...I don't think you will get the most for your dollar.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Extended Power said:
So how much do you have to change the tune when you run bigger injectors?
Can you run the same Xtreme tune, or Insanity tune?
If you do go with bigger injectors...say 225cc's, do you have a tune that is "Tested and Tuned" to be the most powerful for those injectors, or is it a "try this" type of senario.

Cuz unless I come down there and someone "tunes" my truck to the injectors/fuel system/intake/exhaust/blah, blah, blah...I don't think you will get the most for your dollar.
Yes, we do make changes for larger injectors. Basically, we keep the truck from laying down to much fuel under normal driving but allow it to flow as much as possible at WOT. Cold start changes are necessary too.

·
452 Posts
I have a 6-speed so I dont need the TC lock-up. So which tune blows the most smoke or are they about the same.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
we can tune them to blow max smoke :}
and yess tadd has the tuning for all 4 stages of our injectors down. he has done it all on the dyno and he KNOWS what works
robert
p.s. buy a set of injectors and we will tune the sct for the for free :}

1 - 20 of 22 Posts