The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing studs next week, should I be installing the modified HPFP from Elite? Does anyone know if the fuel pump on the frame rail can keep up with supplying the modified HPFP? Does anyone know if there is bigger tunes coming out from anyone with this modified HPFP hitting the market? What's the buzz, anyone have some juicy info??:thumbsup

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
You will need a new LPFP (lifter pump)... There will be bigger tunes most likely but along with those you will need injectors, turbos, and all that jazzzzzzzz

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
If I were you, I would. FASS and a few other companies are working on systems to go with it.

·
773 Posts
I'd do it i the cab is off already. Then you be ready for the next mod that comes out, and you can answer all those questions for us!

·
2,183 Posts
how exciting. But i dont' think it's ready yet :\

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Yes, it is ready. There is a member on here with it, and I've talked to elite about possibly getting it.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
yeah you need a lift pump...it struggles to keep up with the 275. How much for the Modified HPFP

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
so why wont the stock 6.4 injectors do much more? the dmax CR injectors have done 6-700 with enough fuel from the CP3s.

Garrett

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it's $1500 for the pump and $450 if you send them yours to get modified. So I dont' know if there is a refundable core charge with $1500 cost for their pump, I'm trying to find out.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I am doing studs next week, should I be installing the modified HPFP from Elite? Does anyone know if the fuel pump on the frame rail can keep up with supplying the modified HPFP? Does anyone know if there is bigger tunes coming out from anyone with this modified HPFP hitting the market? What's the buzz, anyone have some juicy info??:thumbsup
Kole. Elite is coming out with a complete fuel package REALY soon. If you want and if it was me and I wasn't married(very important) I would do the HPFP and get the lift pump when it comes out in a couple of weeks. Stock injectors are enough right now for 650hp or so I heard. Dallas with Elite said with the new HPFP will drain the supply pressure from the lift pump down to 0psi. So a new lift pump will be required to optimis the new HPFP. After that it starts to get pricey in a hurry. Turbo, injectors, cam, valve train.... When your done with it and get back to Swift. You have to take me for a rip.

Matt and Tadd are working on custom tuning to work with the modified HPFP.

Chris

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know or if Elite is watching, is there a refundable core charge when buying the pump outright for $1500? It's $450 when you send them yours, so there has to be a core charge, right???

·
Registered
639 Posts
I dont think theres a core charge, but I am not sure...cause if you just buy a new one then thats what it is, a new one from ford that they had to buy and then mod.

Why not just pull yours...overnight it, and have it overnighted back.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Pahrump, do you have any ideas on what it would cost to take your truck to elite, and have them put it on for you? I tried calling elite and getting info, and the guy I talked to didn't know.

·