The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
STROKIN
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Colorado and want to know if my EGR is deleted will that effect the emissions test they give out there? What exactly are they looking for during the tests too? When getting the test I assume I should put all settings (CHIPS etc...) back to stock too right?

·
222 Posts
Definately put it back to stock. ALSO. They do a visual inspection for the cat.

·
222 Posts
I was told to take mine to Rocky Mountain Diesel Emissions, 9791 Brighton Road, Unit C, Henderson, CO... And I'm thinking your EGR would make a difference? Correct me if I'm wrong....... So I'd look into that before coming this way!

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
What all do they do on the emission test in CO???
visual?
scan for codes?
sniffer up tail pipe?

·
222 Posts
I know they do a visual for sure. I don't believe they scan for codes, but they do the sniffer too. I was lucky and just took my truck up to where our wreckers get serviced. So the guy got me in and out quick. But he still did a visual and sniffer... I think there's some counties around here that don't do emissions... Fort Morgan I know doesn't and a few other cities/counties I believe.

·
STROKIN
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
STROKIN
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like to me its not the strict... as long as the sniffer picks up the proper amounts, everything will be ok.. no worries

Hey Aaron, heads up. Got all my tax paperwork.. filing tomorrow.. :woot:

·
222 Posts
Ya, not strict. And I'm not sure about the visual for the EGR.... Hope everything works out good! :thumbsup

·
15 Posts
co. emissions

where are you going to be in co.? testing is done primarily in the front range counties along the I-25 corridor from colorado springs to include most of the northern part of the state east of the mountains .if you tell me where you will be i'll get you the specifics .Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts