The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started to do the research for changing all the bushings in my X. I have decided to go with the Energy Suspension Master Kit. The one thing that I can't figure out is the sway bar end links. The bushings are offered for the Super Duty but not the Excursion. What I need is someone that has a late 99 to 04 F-250 and give me the measurements for the end links. I need the length (total) the O.D. of both ends where the bushings are and whether or not end link is bent (which side is bent) and the O.D. of the sway bar itself.I also need the bolt size if you can tell. A picture of each end link would be nice also. What I am going to try and figure out is if I can buy the end links for the F-250 and install the energy suspension bushings in them and them install those on my X. Thanks for the assistance, I know it's a lot to do, but I want to really boost the handling of my X.

·
4 Posts
I've done most of the suspension with the red Energy Suspension poly bushings; except the body bushings. I read up on replacing the bushings in the end links and what a pain in the behind it was. I decided to buy new endlinks with the greasable zerk fittings. About $35 each or so, took about 20 minutes.

·
5,365 Posts
jason -

ill be happy to give you the measurements w/ photos from mine tomorrow.
just remember that mine is f350 4x4

Reactions: jdydiesel

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Don!!

·
Needs more mod money !
57 Posts
F250 end link bushings work on the Ex......need a press to remove the old ones......but you will need to buy the bar bushings for the Ex......the sway bar on the Ex is larger diameter than F250

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F250 end link bushings work on the Ex......need a press to remove the old ones......but you will need to buy the bar bushings for the Ex......the sway bar on the Ex is larger diameter than F250
The kit I am going to buy has the sway bar bushings. So I would need to buy new end links for a 250 and then the bushings for the 250 and press them in. That's what my original thinking was. Thanks for the info.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess if there was someone that had replaced their end links with new ones then I could buy the old ones from them.

·
Needs more mod money !
57 Posts
The kit I am going to buy has the sway bar bushings. So I would need to buy new end links for a 250 and then the bushings for the 250 and press them in. That's what my original thinking was. Thanks for the info.
If the master kit is for the Ex and has the sway bushings then you would only have to buy F250 end link bushings........they will fit the end links that are on your Ex now...I have done it on mine.....you just press out the existing factory bushing and install the new poly's from energy....make a marked difference in handling.....replacing the front sways and endlink with poly was one of the most noticable handling improvements I have done

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the master kit is for the Ex and has the sway bushings then you would only have to buy F250 end link bushings........they will fit the end links that are on your Ex now...I have done it on mine.....you just press out the existing factory bushing and install the new poly's from energy....make a marked difference in handling.....replacing the front sways and endlink with poly was one of the most noticable handling improvements I have done

So the F-250 bushing fit in the Excursion end links? This is great but why would Energy Suspension not advertise this?

·
Needs more mod money !
57 Posts
So the F-250 bushing fit in the Excursion end links? This is great but why would Energy Suspension not advertise this?
Yes it sure does......pay attention to the end link bushings..... there are uppers and lowers......slightly different......I don't know why they don't advertise......seems to me like they are losing out on alot of sales for Excursion folks........you need the 36mm Energy 4.5180 for the bar.....F250 has a 32mm bar.....I have an extra set of these since I had to buy the F250 kit and the 4.5180's seperately.........endlink bushings from kit 4.5186 is what you need for the endlink bushings.......gives you the extra set of 32mm bushings for the bar that should fit your F350
Hope this helps.....here's agood write up on the procedure
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/391/article

Reactions: jdydiesel

·
Needs more mod money !
57 Posts
Make sure you spend a few bucks to get some extra prelube !

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
njneer1, Thanks for the info. That's great and should save me some money and get the performance that I need!!!! I appreciate the great response.

·
855 Posts
Are any of these energy suspension bushings the same on the 05's cause they dont show anyhting in their catalog for 2005 and up?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the 05 have left springs in the front or coil springs. If leaf springs, then I would say yes. If coil then no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts