The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the truck that I just bought has been sitting on the lot for a good while. So, I have to wonder if it has had the programing flash to make it produce 400 HP and 800 ft lb of torque. My question to those of you that bought the early builds and then had the flash is this: Did it affect your fuel mileage in any way? My truck has all the power that I need right now, since I'm only hauling 8500 pounds. However, I do plan to get a bigger heavier 5th wheel camper in a year or two and I'll want all the power I can get! What do y'all think?

·
3 Posts
Remember, thats a MAX HP and TQ figure. As long as you dont lock your foot to the floorboard with the fuel pedal in between, the mileage would be the same, given the exact conditions of course.

Leo

·
3,533 Posts
I beg to differ, a friend of mine has a very early 6.7 with the original tune, there were three trucks bought at the same time these are work trucks, for a logging operation and one of them got his truck reprogrammed to the 400/800 and the fuel mileage dropped like a rock. The three of them all work at the same operation and most of the time are about the same weight, going over the same roads, and up logging roads in 4 wheel drive. The two with the original program burn less fuel.

·
3,533 Posts
The one truck goes up the mountain every day with a full load of fuel and tools he runs heavy. He loves the truck, and with me having a GMC we get to squabble.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was thinking, like Snakedriver, that I would just have to keep my foot out of it. It seems to have awesome power, as it is. What were the original specs for HP and torque? How can I find out what I have?

·
3,533 Posts
There will be an EPA decal under the hood somewhere, it gives the torque and HP at what reves and the fuel burn rate at max HP.

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
John - i know you swear this sticker is there, but it still seems as though no one can find it.

·
3,533 Posts
The sticker has to be somewhere, maybe on the valve cover I have an LMM GMC and the MM3 on mine is 108. I do not know what the new LML is but if they hide it they can not be very proud of it.

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
yeah, that must be it.

i've searched for about 20 minutes about a year ago when you were last requesting - can't find it. you try finding it on your buddy's truck(s)?

·
3,533 Posts
I spent a bunch of time on line and the down load from the EPA was huge and after an hour the site was dropped. It must be somewhere, on my Duramax it is on the air cleaner housing. It must be on the valve cover somewhere. Someone will find it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts