The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that is looking ot buy a 01 2500 W/allison that has a bad knock that sounds metallic on the top end. I have been told that its a injector. It not present at idle but knocks at all engine RPM under load. No smoke and no fuel in the oil. I am not much of a expert on injector problems on the Dmax trucks. If it is a injector would tips fix this or would it need whole injectors?
Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted my relatives which own a GMC dealer (I am the black sheep for buying a dodge!) and they stated they have still got several injector problems which they are encountering. They stated that tips alone will not fix this and that the whole complete injector must be changed. Anyone else have this? I didnt realize one would knock that bad from a injector. Anyone know a place to get a reman injector? I can get new injectors and trucks for cost through my uncles but they still arent that cheap.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Knock

Yes I've seen this first hand. The truck is still under warranty. GM extended the warranty coverage out to 200,000 because of the injector issues. Take it to them and get a new set put in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told the warranty was 7 years or 200,000 and from what I can gather this is out of warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts