The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Week before last the thermostat never opened and the truck overheated. Tried to baby the truck to work but to no avail. Ended up taking the thermostat out on the side of the road (-10F) and after putting everything back together, thermostat opened. 2 days later w/ new thermostat same thing, but eventually opened on own before I got the check engine light. What would cause this?:bang: Also, @ both of these times the in cab heater never kicked on the whole 20+ miles to town. Are these things coincidence or are they linked together? Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
maybe your heater core is clogged?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Water pump impeller wasted???

Heater core plugged???

Radiator blocked (Internally and/or externally)???

Coolant mixture fresh??? (Less than 30K miles)

·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, everything is good. Prior to the incident it had a full radiator flush & new coolant & distilled water max 3K miles before. After those two times, everything has been fine.?

·
Professional Grouch
18 Posts
What does to coolant level look like? Have you had to add any coolant lately? You may have a trapped pocket of air in the system.

·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coolant level is fine now. I don't think I had any trapped air, had driven 400 miles w/ 10k on night before this started. Everything is good now so hopefully no more problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts