The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pulling a powerstroke out of a 97 auto i have pulled them from 99 and newer but not a 97. any tips i should know Can you pull it with the turbo on it? I have a lift and it is easy for me to pull the tranny so I pull it first then the engine It just seems to work better that way.

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
the couple I have done , one 2wd 5 speed and one auto 4x4 I pulled the trans, then pulled the core support, and out the front.
I believe you can pull the motor alone if you remove the turbo, I think dzljim had directions somewhere

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Nick, I found the piece between the engine and tranny was broken. Do you or do you know any one that has one the piece the starter is bolted to.?
I think im going to try to pull it with the turbo If it dont mke it i should be able to get to the bolts easyer if it is up and out some.

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
Dave
sorry dont have one, sold it with the trand I had. Ill keep an eye for one.

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need a right side exhust manafold also if you have one? I got it out with the turbo but it was tight.

·
The Irishman
68 Posts
Pull The front clip and slide it out or take off the turbo. W/e suits your fancy. No intercooler so its an easy removal.:happymugs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts