The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,:wave

2011 F-250 6.7L D

I seem to be noticing that the engine has a tendancy to surge under slight acceleration from a low speed roll either when cold starting or when she sits for about 1/2 hour. As soon as she warms up another minute or so (say within a 1/8 mile) the symptom all but dissapears. Additionally after she sits for a 1/2 hour or so if I roll to the end of the parking lot and accelarate from a stop it will even have a one time quick dead spot at times. It Almost feels like there is air in the fuel line. Again within a block or so the symptom is all but gone and she runs like a champ. (Naturally I am concerned that if I try to have the dealer correct for it they will screw something else up)

Any suggestions? :help

·
139 Posts
There has been some discussion on this and it seems to come down to the transmission program. Mine has done it (really bad when newer) where it will almost fall flat on it's face for a split second.

I have had 4 re-programs and the latest seems to have been quite a bit better however it did it just after leaving the dealership.

Ask your dealer for the latest transmission flash.

Oh, my second flash for the 400/800 power upgrade was the culprit as the transmission program was corrupt????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts