The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just put a C-15 6nz engine in older frieghtliner tractor. He used a wiring harness from mawk industries. Looks to be a pretty well laid out harness. They make them for cat, cummins, detroit and i think international. Thier web address is www.mawkindustries.com. They might be worth looking into if anyone is thinking of doing a late model engine swap. Does anyone know of anyone else selling harnesses to do these kind of swaps?

·
2,555 Posts
A friend of mine just put a C-15 6nz engine in older frieghtliner tractor. He used a wiring harness from mawk industries. Looks to be a pretty well laid out harness. They make them for cat, cummins, detroit and i think international. Thier web address is www.mawkindustries.com. They might be worth looking into if anyone is thinking of doing a late model engine swap. Does anyone know of anyone else selling harnesses to do these kind of swaps?
:knightThanks for taking the time to post the link:rock

·
2,824 Posts
Damn, I wish you hadnt posted this, now I got all kinds of idea going through my head, I just wonder what all is needed besides the harness. A 5EK 3406E in my 76 pete, now there is one hell of a truck. :happymugs

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well you will need all the sensors and the charge air cooler. They supplied a used throttle pedal for a additional charge. Just give them a call and tell them what your wanting to do and put it in. The harnesses are custom built for the model of truck you have. Very nice people to work with. All the wires in the harness are marked what they are about every six inches. There's also a very detailed manual with the harness. Having done one with this harness and one piecing together a harness using cats schematics I will defenitly go this route if I ever do another one. About 10 years ago we put a N14 into a 79 KW and took all the wiring from the donor truck that we had picked up at a auction and there is no way I'd ever attempt to do one that way again. Took almost 4 months to get everything right on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately,July 2020, Mauk Industries closed their doors permanently.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts