The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the data loggers out there, what are you seeing for EP (Drive Pressure), I have been seeing 84psi with moderate acceleration with boost numbers around 40> 45 psi that is a 50>50 % ratio, & the EP sensor is down streem, I hate to see what it is @ the turbo! quite high! somethine is going to give i'm sure, I'm running (310 tcm)
5" off the stock down pipe in to 4" dual tails.

Chris

·
56 Posts
you might want to get a wastegate in there. You're taking a chance on lifting your heads with that much drive pressure.

·
52 Posts
ebp

Hey, I was seeing those same drive pressure #s with the 275 v4. It does seem like a lot of extra stress just easing around town. I went back to my original 275v3 and have seen back pressure at the highest 54. This is a lot less than 84. Takes a lot less throttle to get going as also with the 275 v3.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I have seen it spike to 70 at stock.... the 250 tune seems to stay in the 60's so i am not sure what "to high" is?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
very good point.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You've got to subtract the actual atmospheric barometric presssure. So the readings depending upon where you are in the country are actually 12-15 PSI higher than actual internal pressures.

·
52 Posts
not safe

Thanks for the confirmation, I felt like there was a lot of stress the truck with 84psi of back pressure at very light throttle. I now have seen no higher than 54psi with 275v3. Doesn't sound like I am straining to accelerate either.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
EBP has little, if any affect on durability.

You are worried about EBP numbers in the range of 80psi when cylinder pressures are often in the thousands.

Even with the pistons sitting still, engine off, you have EBP and MAP of 14.7psi (at sea level), but the computer subtracts that off using the transfer function for the sensors the formula that relates voltage return to pressure.

You can hang a valve open at pressures near that, espeically MAP.

·
142 Posts
For the data loggers out there, what are you seeing for EP (Drive Pressure), I have been seeing 84psi with moderate acceleration with boost numbers around 40> 45 psi that is a 50>50 % ratio, & the EP sensor is down streem, I hate to see what it is @ the turbo! quite high! somethine is going to give i'm sure, I'm running (310 tcm)
5" off the stock down pipe in to 4" dual tails.

Chris
The highest I've seen even at WOT is 75 running the 310TCM low response tune

·
142 Posts
Ran the 275tcm yesterday and it easily hit over 80psi.These readings are from the DashDaq absolute reading not desired, which one are yall reading?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts