The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed while searching that Rich/Unbroken said he used an Excursion dash in his truck. Is there a visual difference in this dash versus the stock F250 dash? I'm going to order another dash trim to paint and "play" with and if there was a visual difference, I was thinking of maybe trying it.

Anyone know?

·
121 Posts
I think the Ex. dash sticks out a little bit.

·
3,630 Posts
The Excursion bezel has a raised part over the cluster....kinda like the curved eyebrow on 97-03 F150's and the right side of it is shaped different. The light switch is different too...but the F250 switch will work in it.
You'll have to lok at an Ex to really see what I'm talking about...it's pretty subtle....it's a direct swap though...no mods needed.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Damn Rich,
how the heck do you drive, look at all those gauges and pretty women walking buy...????

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rich.... like you said it is pretty subtle but I can see some differences. I think I'm going to paint both pillars black as well as the dash trim.

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got one ordered. Rich, did you have to paint the air vents? Also, how does the F250 square light switch deal fit when the one in your truck is oval shaped?

·
3,630 Posts
I disassembled the vents and painted the outer part to match....they come apart easy.
The ****ch still locks in place...you can just see the oval part around the square F250 switch a bit. I think the Ex switch was 80 bucks or so from Ford.

·
440 Posts
Hey Unbroken,

:shrug: What kinda radio is that in your truck? I am looking for something like that for a dvd player with maybe touch-screen controls.:Thumbup:

:usflag

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
3,630 Posts
Kenwood Excelon DDX7015

You don't have to trim for it...I just thought it looked better...since I was painting it anyway I went ahead and cut the bar out and also shaved the indention where the "Excursion" logo goes.

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UNBROKEN said:
I went ahead and cut the bar out
you don't happen to have a close-up of that do you... We may have mounted ours a little different but I did have to do a tad bit of trimming on the sides towards the back(inside) of the opening. I have the cage bolted to the flat area directly above and the bottom is resting inside the lip of the A/C controls, then I bolted it to the sides as well with spacers in there to keep the cage from bending outward... :shrug:

·
3,630 Posts
I did essentially the same thing...then let the trim ring hide where it goes over the HVAC controls.
It'll sit quite a bit further into the Ex bezel too...you'll like how it takes the glare off the screen.

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweetness. thanks for the tips.

and i forgot all about the recess for the Excursion badge. I'll have to figure something out for that. Maybe i'll put my PIMP logo there..... :sly: :sly:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts