The Diesel Garage banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
1,253 Posts
I really do not have an opinion on the 7.3L fan clutch. I know quite a few people have used it and like it.

I needed a little extra cooling due to installing a heavy (aftermarket) front bumper replacement (and grill), so I installed the snow plow fan clutch. I am happy with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I really do not have an opinion on the 7.3L fan clutch. I know quite a few people have used it and like it.

I needed a little extra cooling due to installing a heavy (aftermarket) front bumper replacement (and grill), so I installed the snow plow fan clutch. I am happy with it.
mark if you could explain to me that it is a snow plow fan clutch, excuse my ignorance, another question that I wanted to ask you, where do you recommend that I do the heads when it touches me and if there is something that I should know when I buy the ARP I am using an application to translate I hope be vastly correct thank you once again

·
1,253 Posts
Ford part #4C3Z-8A616-SA

You will lose about 1/2 of a mile-per-gallon in fuel economy with it.

For head studs, I used the ARP 4202.

I trust "Xtreme Diesel", but they aren't always the cheapest.

Also, I recommend the Fel Pro head gasket.

When buying the gaskets, be sure to get the right ones for your engine (18mm guide dowels or 20mm guide dowels)

Reactions: Excurcion diesel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ford part #4C3Z-8A616-SA

You will lose about 1/2 of a mile-per-gallon in fuel economy with it.

For head studs, I used the ARP 4202.

I trust "Xtreme Diesel", but they aren't always the cheapest.

Also, I recommend the Fel Pro head gasket.

When buying the gaskets, be sure to get the right ones for your engine (18mm guide dowels or 20mm guide dowels)

·
1,253 Posts
To be honest, I have been out of the alternator market for a LONG time. I really do not know where a good place to buy one would be.

Do you have any large aftermarket electrical demands (stereo, winch, etc)?

If not, a 140A alternator would probably be ok, but a 190a alternator would be even better in my opinion.

Let me try to find some recommendations on another forum or two and get back with you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
To be honest, I have been out of the alternator market for a LONG time. I really do not know where a good place to buy one would be.

Do you have any large aftermarket electrical demands (stereo, winch, etc)?

If not, a 140A alternator would probably be ok, but a 190a alternator would be even better in my opinion.

Let me try to find some recommendations on another forum or two and get back with you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
[/QU mark I have navigation system led lights and stereo, I checked with Xtreme diesel and they cost more than 300 but they are 230 amp I don't know if I need so much that you think I have your opinion very much in consideration, thank you very much for always taking the time to answer me your Answers are very useful to me once again thank you very much OTE]

·
1,253 Posts
Take a look at the video below. Jack (TooManyToys.) is pretty much an expert on the 6.0L electrical system - wiring and alternators. He is on almost all of the 6.0L forums.

You might just get an OEM 140A alternator and the smaller pulley. Alternator part # 6C3Z-10346-BARM.

If you want to get a 230A alternator, the one from Dieselsite is good (230A Leece Neville alternator):

As far as belts go, the stock belt is 126.7 inches, part # 3C3Z-8620-DB
With a smaller pulley, I use a 126.5 inch belt. Continental Elite Belt: Poly-V, Serpentine, 8-Rib, part # 4081265F
A lightly smaller belt would be 125.8 inch belt. Continental Elite Belt: Poly-V, Serpentine, 8-Rib, part # 4081258

I can't find a part number for the smaller (overdrive) pulley (58mm), but I will still do some looking.

·
1,253 Posts
Here is an overdrive pulley, but you may need to check on its actual diameter - since it isn't listed on the web site.

Here is another option for a pulley (and it is the 58mm diameter that is needed):

Oh, and you would need to install larger electrical cables if you went with the 230A alternator.

·
1,253 Posts
Reactions: Excurcion diesel
41 - 51 of 51 Posts