The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pros or cons to using it? Does it stress anything out? Should I not use it in certain situations? When should I use it?

I'm not familiar with these... Any info is appreciated..

·
3,533 Posts
You can use the exhaust brake in every situation you want it will not hurt anything.

Reactions: Jeremiah

·
1,224 Posts
Using the EB also helps reduce the chances of the vanes in the variable geometry turbo from sticking. Keeps soot from building on the vanes.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using the EB also helps reduce the chances of the vanes in the variable geometry turbo from sticking. Keeps soot from building on the vanes.
wow really?!?

·
284 Posts
Start truck turn on exhaust brake. Every time is what I do.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
284 Posts
Hey do you have a "Tow/Haul" button next to your EB button?
Yep ! I only use it when i have a real heavy trailer and usally just on take off it seems to be to aggressive on stopping. I usally just use the rocker switch on the shifter for stopping. But you will probably never have to change the brakes.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Yep ! I only use it when i have a real heavy trailer and usally just on take off it seems to be to aggressive on stopping. I usally just use the rocker switch on the shifter for stopping. But you will probably never have to change the brakes.
I actually just changed my brakes at a 168k mi and they still had 1/4 or better. Right rear was wearing funny on the ends and starting to make some noise lol. I went with a set of thermo quite pads from Oreilly lifetime warranty $100.00 for front and rears

Reactions: HLC2239CUMMINS
1 - 8 of 8 Posts