The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i find someone to make me a custom exhaust for my truck or should i buy a kit exhaust from the internet im not sure and i hardly know anything about diesel motors or motors in general haha so i need some good advice

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome, my vote would be buy a system from one of our sponsors. when i get a chance i want to get mbrp duals

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
depends what you want, stacks, stock rear exit, side exhaust, dual exhaust, etc etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i want it to come out the side just like the stock exhaust does and i dont want a tip or anything i want it to look kind of stock but be louder and give me more power and after i get that ill be getting a tymar intake for it also and then ill have to save some more to get the rest of my truck but im not in a big hurry i just decided that i wanted to start modding my truck out the other day and i dont know anything about them so thats why i joined a few forums to learn some things about diesels and to get all my questions answered

thanks

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
if thats waht your looking for id just go for an aftermarket turbo back, id buy it from mbrp but there are other companies out there that make em, just make sure you get a turbo back and not just a cat-back, because you want to replace the stock downpipe inorder to get maximum gains.

·
Registered
311 Posts
hillbilly9978,

Give us a call, we have the MBRP and AFE systems and we will be competitive with anyone, check our policy info! If you go local and have it made it'll cost more and probably not flow as well as most all shops have no way to mandrel bend 4 inch pipe etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
77 Posts
you can probably also go with an aftermarket 3" downpipe, and muffler and cat delete pipes to keep the stock look and get the sound u are looking for. thats what i plan on doing on my 97, because i cant afford a nice 4" stainless mbrp system.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
This can get confusing. Like Power Stroke said, you will need a turbo downpipe back for maximim gains. The best exhaust by far is the MBRP 4". If you are wantin to stay w/ the stock look, look in the jeggs catalog. My cousin has had numerous diesels and that is what he uses. It is a little cheaper, isnt quite as fancy and acomplishes everything the others do. Shop arround on the net and that will give you kind of an idea of what your looking at. The idea of a delete pipe on your stock exhaust is good sice it keeps the original look.

Snyder

·
Registered
73 Posts
Think about stainless though, last longer, if you plan on keeping the truck awhile

·
6,337 Posts
LOL Not in Las Vegas... There is no salt and very little rain... Aluminized pipe will out last the truck there!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah true did not even look where he was from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts