The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
My friend just bought a 08 F-250 6.4L. He wants to put an exhaust system on his truck but someone told him that if he did it will void his warranty. Is this true? If not what is the best exhaust system for us to put on his truck? For now he is gonna keep his truck stock but hopefully I can talk him into some more mods. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ramdiesel277 said:
Hey guys
My friend just bought a 08 F-250 6.4L. He wants to put an exhaust system on his truck but someone told him that if he did it will void his warranty. Is this true? If not what is the best exhaust system for us to put on his truck? For now he is gonna keep his truck stock but hopefully I can talk him into some more mods. Thanks for the help.
Warranty......VOID

·
Registered
133 Posts
ramdiesel277 said:
Hey guys
:whs It's true if something goes wrong and Ford finds out you modded the powertrain with aftermarket intakes, exhausts and engine tunes. My dealer told me that they would try and work with me if the components started throwing codes and such, but they wouldn't be able to do much for me if more serious problems developed as Ford will just void the warranty. Lot's of discussion about this on various threads. Despite the risk of losing the warranty, folks are modding their rigs anyway and it is very tempting as more and more quality tunes and exhaust systems come to market. But it's all a risk.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Bart's (powersmoke18) his dealer said he can mod the truck but he has to talk it over with him first saying what he wants to do to not void warranty..

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
On the 08 trucks, the ONLY thing you're allowed to mod is the section of pipe after the DPF. So that means pretty much the over axel pipe, and tip....thats about it. There is a thread around here somewhere with the schematics of the truck, and it shows the sections of pipe "allowed" to be modded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts