The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 06 3500 Crew Cab dually 4x4, it is bonestock except for the 19.5" wheels and he is looking to put a cat-back exhaust on his truck, he has no plans of running a programmer, just wants to make a mellow exhaust sound and maybe do something with the intake. He was thinking something like an MBRP 5" catback but will he loose his spare tire with this setup??? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also this truck is primarily used to tow his 20k gooseneck or 14k fifthwheel camper. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
If he doesn't plan on making big power then a turbo back 4" single or duel exhaust should give him plenty of flow and sound that he is looking for. Then he won't have to loose his spare in the process.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes he would like to keep the cat, unfortunately in Taxachusetts we are now governed by some insane inspection requirements including diesel emissions, so he does not want to deal with that aggrevation every year. I guess I will wait til tomorrow and try calling MBRP for an answer. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts