The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Monster dual exhaust in. Starts after the DPf. How many people have fooled with the exhaust? Can this be tackled out in thee garage or should a professional do it. Directions states that a torch might be needed . No torches here. That's my biggest concern, don't want to start something and not be able to complete it. Any suggestions?

·
19 Posts
I removed mine (dpf delete back) and replaced it with a single flo-pro in 45 mins with some hand tools and a light. Not sure how your duals will go but mine was a simple bolt on kit. Should be easy.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
My MBRP Dual exits were fairly easy but I wouls strongly recomend a buddy to help out, the 1 or 2 beer you give him will save a lot of swearing!!

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
1 or 2 beers? itd be like 1 or 2 cases for me... Your friends are cheap dates:poke:haha

·
990 Posts
I removed mine (dpf delete back) and replaced it with a single flo-pro in 45 mins with some hand tools and a light. Not sure how your duals will go but mine was a simple bolt on kit. Should be easy.
was this the exhaust that comes in the spartan package?

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take a quick look under it when I get my truck back tomorrow. If I don't need torches, I'll be fine.

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
I cant see you needing a torch... the only reason I would see they would put that in the directions is in case you need to cut the stock exhaust to get it out... which you dont just so you know!

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I ended up using a die grinder on the Down pipe bolts.... Probably didn't need to but you will see that the nuts are welded on so you have to lossen the bolts which are a pain to get at if you don't have the right combination of tools.

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
They are welded on? Mine werent... Hmmm

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Mine also werent welded on. But i dont see why you couldnt install it in your driveway. I took loose my factory DPF back exhaust so it would be easier to get the DPF/DOC delete off. Didnt completely remove it just dropped it. It was pretty easy to put it back on though.

·
163 Posts
When removing the factory exhaust it helps to jack the back of the truck up to where the rear wheels are just off the ground, or at least that helped me out quite a bit. No cutting/torches involved.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Definately a driveway job, I just wasn't paying attention so I THOUGHT the bolts were seized, hence the Die grinder, once they were cut and no tension they came out by hand lol

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, doesn't sound to bad. I put one on my old 1500 gmc but it wasn't a 4 inch exhaust. Glad to hear no torches needed. Did i understand right that after removing from DPf, that i will not have to cut?

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
In theory you shouln't need to cut anything!! good luck

·
19 Posts
was this the exhaust that comes in the spartan package?
Negative, got it from Dirty Diesel Customs out of Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada.

I did have a little help with the exhaust swap as the truck has a 7" lift:happydance

Also installed a B&S intake that was purchased from Dirty Diesel Customs, excellent service.

·
286 Posts
you can do it without even putting your truck on jack stands. i would remove the spare tire and the factory heat shield to get the stock pipe out easier, but both can go right back in with the banks system. i have plenty of room with mine.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
When lifted it makes it easier of course but I think I read that someone just jacked the rear up (not the wheels) and that made it a lot easier to get the pipes through without removing the spare or anything and that was a stock truck

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
08fx4, your pictures pretty much made my choice. hope it looks as good as yours when done. I'll follow any advice. Thanks for the comments guys. I post pics if I get started on it this weekend.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts