The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Riding solow on the Hog
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do they do other than just make the exhaust look fancier? (Or in some cases stupider.)

·
981 Posts
Sleeperstroke said:
What do they do other than just make the exhaust look fancier? (Or in some cases stupider.)
nothin they are purty tho...well someof them

·
463 Posts
in the case of the gassers they affect the sound.. i havent heard any 6" tips to say it is diffrent but there is a slight diffrence in the 5" double wall compared to the single wall. something to do with a echo affect.

·
1,409 Posts
Sleeperstroke said:
I agree, it looks really dumb when you can still see the actual size of the exhaust. The turn down or directional tips I understand, but the straight ones serve no function, just fashion.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
They do make a difference trust me.

I used to have just a 4" pipe and I decided to install a 6"x24" tip and it gave it a slightly deeper tone. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Someone else probably wouldn't have noticed the difference but since I'm the one who drives it every day, I did. I also have aregular cab and a straight pipe so the entire exhaust noise levels are elevated somewhat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts