The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has an 07 duramax and wants a turbo back exhaust. He has an Edge w/Attitude and a Banks intake. Can he get an exhaust with only muffler, no cat, without throwing codes?

Thanks

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
383 Posts
its depends on the truck i have heard of some throwing codes when you remove the cat and some not. mine has been straight piped for a while and only threw a code once but i was towing quite a bit. wost case scenereo you have to clear a code or you can just buy a finger stik and be done with it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Like said above just put a finger stick in it and straight pipe that beast.

F

·
0 Posts
I have a '07 Classic with 4" MBRP (no cat, no muffler) every once in while I would throw a code, before I put on the EGR blocker plate.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
383 Posts
mine throws a code sometimes when i tow with my predator on 85hp or if im flogging it on 120hp but no big deal just plug it in and clear it. eventually ill get tired of doing this and finger stick it and or block the plate probably

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never threw a code till I towed with it.Put a fingers stick in and egr blocker plate and say good bye to the annoying code.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but, what the heck is a "finger stick"? Sounds painful...
:laugh_explode:

·
Registered
42 Posts
All the finger stick is is a fooler for your egr sensor so it always reads within the normal operating range. It wires into the harness for the egr sensor.

EFI Live can also be used to permanently keep the code from appearing. The code you will get is insufficient flow to egr-due to the lack of backpressure from the CAT removal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts