The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wat is the biggest exhaust you can get for a 2001 cummins?? And where is a good place to look

·
3,514 Posts
If you've got a welder you can go as big as you want. I know a couple guys running 5inch down pipes to 6inch exhaust. 5inch is about the biggest kit you will find. Unless you have a highly modified truck it will rob a little bit of power from you, but they sound sweet as hell.

www.sourceautomotive.biz
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
99_stroker* said:
Wat is the biggest exhaust you can get for a 2001 cummins?? And where is a good place to look
4" inch exhaust kits usually go right in without a problem.

5" inch exhaust on the other hand I heard of a few people having problems getting pipes to fit and having a bit of trouble getting it together.

6" I would say you would have to do some serious customizing to get it to fit...

·
46 Posts
I put a 5" on my 2000 psd and it was a pain in the arse. It would rattle and vibrate on the heat sheild and I had to take a sawzall and cut off all of the bolts under the body. It did sound good, but if I had to do it again (which I did on my dodge) I would go with 4" like everyone else is sayin any more and you are losing power unless you highly modified.

·
53 Posts
6" is the biggest pre-bent system you can buy. However, until you get over 500 hp there is no need for anything bigger than 4". The 5" systems do sound better, though. You won't notice any power loss with any of them, either.

·
53 Posts
MBRP and Silverline make good ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts