The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i cut my muffler off and just put a stright with a miner bend at the end and still be good with back presure to the turbo?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Go on the auction site and get a muffler delete pipe. Its cheap and already bent, so all you have to do is bolt it in and go. I have a straight piped with no kat, and I have yet to have a problem with backpressure. I dont think the LB7 has a backpressure sensor. But I have been wrong before!

Tony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Horse... Cant i just cut it off and weld up a stright? or were can i get a cheap muffle delete pipe... would they sell them at the local auto parts store?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
You could cut out the muffler, but then you have to have a new pipe bent. I have always seen something as cheap as the muffler delete pipes are to be the best way, as they are pre bent and ready to go on with just cutting off the muffler.

IMO, it is better to buy a new turbo down pipe back and eliminate the muffler and cat all at one time. The 4in that I have on my truck really makes the truck sound mean when I get on it, and there is very little restriction.

Tony

·
Registered
32 Posts
:iagree 4in turbo back is the way to go. And its sounds nice when you get on it!:evil: If you dont have they money to do that just cut it off and weld a pipe in place like you were going to do. Thats what I did to start off with untill I got the 4in exhaust....

·
Registered
69 Posts
stop being cheap and get a flowmaster exhualst i know we sell them around $560

·
1,189 Posts
did a summit 4" turbo back system on an 02 with no issues and under 400 shipped and the thing sounds awesome and thats with a muffler

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
sleazebay has exhausts for under $250, yes there is shipping, but some of those are name brand!

Tony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YEah... I want to get the muffler delete pipe.. do i cut the muffler off and put the stright pipe were the mulffler was.. right over the pipe?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I havent done a delete pipe on a Dmax, but I am sure that is the way it works, just wait until you get the pipe, and that will tell you by just looking at it. Or call whoever you are buying the pipe from and see if they can help you out with that.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts