The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying an extended warranty through auto warranty brokers. It cost about $1,700 for a 6 year 100K mile plan. I tis called the American Mercury Platinum Plan.

Has anybody purchased on of these plans? Is it worth the money?

I have 11,000 miles on a 2006 F-250 Crew Cab 6.0. The factory warranty expires in October.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
There's an extended plan through ford right now that's around that price range. Personally I'd never go with an "aftermarket" warranty. If you can get it, always go with the Ford ESP.

We had a warranty that was supposed to be the "premium" warranty, yet covered nothing and when it came time to need it, the truck sat at the dealer for 2 days until the approval came through

·
Work in Progress
171 Posts
Ford's ESP is the only way to go. You can pick packages. Your engine warranty is still good. You should only loose your drivetrain under the 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. Engine is 100K

·
775 Posts
Noah said:
I am thinking about buying an extended warranty through auto warranty brokers. It cost about $1,700 for a 6 year 100K mile plan. I tis called the American Mercury Platinum Plan.

Has anybody purchased on of these plans? Is it worth the money?

I have 11,000 miles on a 2006 F-250 Crew Cab 6.0. The factory warranty expires in October.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
If you bought your truck in july of 06 or later it comes with a 5yr/60k warrenty. Remeber the 6.0 comes with a 100k warenty already so you don't need the ex warrenty on the engine. :popcorn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts