The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for an external wastegate. i saw ED makes one that also works as an adapter plate which would be pretty cool. does anyone know of any other companies that make them for a diesel. holset recommends a 50mm waste gate for the pro52. and does anyone know what the cost. i really have no idea, i just dont want sticker shock.

·
2,063 Posts
Just give them a call, it is not a good practice to price other peoples goods for them and they may have something on sale.

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasnt asking for an exact price im looking for more of a price range (example $500-$700) i didnt wanna call them and be like "ok i want one of your wastegates everything sounds good ship it out, oh wait how much is that... $2000, sorry nevermind." i just dont have any idea what price range they fall into.

does any other companies make them, or just ED

·
3,514 Posts
I run a tial 38mm on my set up. That gate retails for somewhere around $270 bucks. They also sell 44mm, 50mm and 60mm. The spring and tuning options are really great and there are a lot of dealers for them out there, so if you go to an event, getting support usually isn't a problem.

I was just talking with these guys at an NHRDA event over the weekend and they were very helpful and friendly. I know they carry tial products and may be able to hook you up.

http://www.turboengineering.com/

As for the adapter. That is a great way to go. I definitely recommend a full size adapter though, not something that has been squished down in a press to fit a smaller aperture. I think that decreases the efficiency of the wastegate
Sean

·
1,189 Posts
I run a tial 38mm on my set up. That gate retails for somewhere around $270 bucks. They also sell 44mm, 50mm and 60mm. The spring and tuning options are really great and there are a lot of dealers for them out there, so if you go to an event, getting support usually isn't a problem.

I was just talking with these guys at an NHRDA event over the weekend and they were very helpful and friendly. I know they carry tial products and may be able to hook you up.

http://www.turboengineering.com/

As for the adapter. That is a great way to go. I definitely recommend a full size adapter though, not something that has been squished down in a press to fit a smaller aperture. I think that decreases the efficiency of the wastegate
Sean
Yeah the guys at TEC are where my parts are from. They really know their stuff. Good prices too. Did you see the turbo on his quad?

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah the guys at TEC are where my parts are from. They really know their stuff. Good prices too. Did you see the turbo on his quad?
Yeah, that looked sick. I didn't get too close and check it out, but I noticed it when I was over at their both.
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts