The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from driving my truck around with Eric’s extreme street, first off man its getting cold out after all that driving around with the window down:woot: man what a difference very nice! the only thing that surprised me was that there wasn’t as much smoke as I had expected :shrug::shrug: I was kinda hoping for a litle more, other than that its amazing, I can feel a ticket coming LOL LOL LOL

kris

·
1,171 Posts
Did you also the TC lock up in 3rd gear and up? That will let you go down to 40 in 5th gear then nail the loud pedal and throw smoke. Way cool for the jerks tailgating around town. Keith

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You won't get as much smoke once the turbo is spooled, maybe a light haze. With the colder weather, you'll also find less smoke.

Have fun. :Thumbup:

·
10 Posts
Black Smoke?

So what is the real deal about black smoke. When you have alot of it, does it mean you are losing power?

I would assume from what I have read that black smoke means it is running rich and dumping fuel that can't be burned.

I just got an SCT x2 and my friend says the more the black smoke the better.

Can Eric or someone clear the air? (of the black smoke!)

Thanks,
Scott
2006 F-350 Lariat FX4 Lariat Crew Long Bed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Smoke-em

If you want to smoke off someone behind you, just whack the pedal real quick, then let off. Watch the smoke come out! I've found the extreme street will smoke more if you nail the throttle as opposed to squeezing it. Squeezing works better for getting up and going. Best dollars I've spent - thanks Innovative!

·
Registered
179 Posts
John Boy, thats totally how ya do it....wait til the boost drops to 0 and then just pin it for a second. My truck must look like there is something wrong with it because every 30sec there is a new cloud firing out my pipe.... Ted & Eric at ID rock! Just order another X-cal2 for my buddys 04

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
sticker500 said:
So what is the real deal about black smoke. When you have alot of it, does it mean you are losing power?

I would assume from what I have read that black smoke means it is running rich and dumping fuel that can't be burned.

I just got an SCT x2 and my friend says the more the black smoke the better.

Can Eric or someone clear the air? (of the black smoke!)

Thanks,
Scott
2006 F-350 Lariat FX4 Lariat Crew Long Bed
Scott,
Will let the tuners respond,
but my understanding for the smoke is your engine is a big air pump...
add fuel and pressure and it burns... more fuel and it burns MORE :)

with any given engine, the tuners can't modify your "air" (intake and exhaust) but they can modify fuel delivery....
so -
for a given amount of air and pressure, more fuel = more power
(to a limit) until the fuel reaches a point where it no longer burns...

but the tuners don't know at which point a given truck will not combust the fuel and they want to make sure the engine's power is not fuel limited !!

smoke is unburnt fuel, so it goes out the exhaust...

More air with better exhaust and intake,
or some "fake air" :) nitrous will burn more fuel...

have heard some that think that unburnt fuel also lowers your egt's a bit...
not sure about that, but it's a theory :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts