The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried these injectors, i want to know about thier reliability and if they produce the power that they claim. Just everbody's overall thoughts about these injectors or other injectors that anybody has experimented with and liked.

01 Dodge 2500, Banks power pack with edje attitude with juice, bullydog big fuel kit

·
Registered
316 Posts
Might want to be more specific. Almost ever aftermarket injector on the market is extrude honed. There are a few EDM injectors out there. Besides them, all the others are standard injectors that have been "flowed" to open up the holes to allow more fuel to be injected during the injection event.

Are you looking at a certain brand maybe?

Jason
Diesel Nut Motorsports

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would definately recommend some extrude honed injectors. Lenny at Dynomite diesel has some AWESOME injectors. Call and talk to him, they are much cleaner and neater then any edm i have ever seen.

Chris

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Diesel Nut said:
Might want to be more specific. Almost ever aftermarket injector on the market is extrude honed. There are a few EDM injectors out there. Besides them, all the others are standard injectors that have been "flowed" to open up the holes to allow more fuel to be injected during the injection event.

Are you looking at a certain brand maybe?

Jason
Diesel Nut Motorsports

Please elebrate the difference between Extrude Honed and EDM injectors?
I don't know about what makes a injector good, I just know how to put it in and make it work. and Engine theory yada yada yada.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about the dynomite diesel performance injectors, has anybody tried them or a brand they really like

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I put in Jammer nozzles and don't have any complaints. Especially for the money. There was a definate power gain and the smoke isn't that bad either.

·
Registered
973 Posts
We are running a set of Extrude Hone injectors from Pennslyvania, 200hp claim and they dynoed about all of that on David Dunbar's dyno in Stanford Kentucky. Dynomite Diesel and Extrude Hone are the only two shops that use this honing process.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Extrude hone injectors are simply stock injectors that are mounted on a machine that forces and abrasive fluid through them, cleaning up and opening the holes in the nozzles. So, larger holes, but same number of holes, same spray angle. Most cost effective and common way to upgrade injectors.

EDM injectors, are cut from a blank injector tip to whatever end the designer desires. You can change anything. You can change spray angle, number of holes, diameter of holes. These take a great deal of R+D to get figured out correctly and are more expensive to buy and build (for the manufacturer) and therefore more expensive for the end user. Alot of what you are paying for is the R+D time as well as the technology. Do they run better than extrude honed? Maybe. I think its all about using the right injector in the right application.

I love Lenny's injectors. He really has a good thing going and to my knowledge he is the only one doing it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Diesel Nut said:
Extrude hone injectors are simply stock injectors that are mounted on a machine that forces and abrasive fluid through them, cleaning up and opening the holes in the nozzles. So, larger holes, but same number of holes, same spray angle. Most cost effective and common way to upgrade injectors.

EDM injectors, are cut from a blank injector tip to whatever end the designer desires. You can change anything. You can change spray angle, number of holes, diameter of holes. These take a great deal of R+D to get figured out correctly and are more expensive to buy and build (for the manufacturer) and therefore more expensive for the end user. Alot of what you are paying for is the R+D time as well as the technology. Do they run better than extrude honed? Maybe. I think its all about using the right injector in the right application.

I love Lenny's injectors. He really has a good thing going and to my knowledge he is the only one doing it.
Wouldn't it be safe to say you could see a MPG increase with EDM injectors. Considering they could lead to better fuel atomization?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Diesel Nut said:
Extrude Hone in Pennslyvania was the first company to use both EDM and Extrude Honing on injectors. Lenny bought his Extrude Hone machine from Extrude Hone in Pennslyvania, hence he is not the only one doing it. Jeff Garmon has been using the same injectors for over a year. When I capitalize Extrude Hone, I do it because it is the name of a company, not a process to enlarge or smooth the passages of injector nozzles which is called extrude honing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So, there are other companies out there doing injectors 1 injector at a time and balancing them under 1% of each within a set? I know other people are honing injectors, but I was under the impression Dynomite ws the only one doing it this way.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Extrude Hone was the company that engineered the Abrasive Flow Machining process, which is the machine that Dynomite Diesel purchased. Our injectors are 8x0.016" EDM and ABF, matched by Extrude Hone, and purchased through Jeff Garmon last year. These injectors were quite hard to come by until Dynomite Diesel started offering them.

·
3,514 Posts
I know its not an Extrude Honed injector, but what about Don M's. I've never met anyone that didn't like running his injectors, in my experience they have been excellent, and we've seen a milage gain as well. They are a bit more pricey up front though.
Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts