The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I have been reading on here for years and just picked up a used 350 with dual steering stabilizers and 325 (35") tires. The steering is super stiff while sitting still--feels like the pump is not up to the task. Feels better rolling. My other 350 (97) with larger tires (305) does not feel this way, but it does not have steering stabilizers.

Wondering if this is normal for the newer trucks. Thanks in advance for any response.

·
1,060 Posts
Mine was horrible I could not turn the wheel more than the 10-2'o-clock shimmy if I was sitting still or even pulling out of the driveway. all issues for me went away as soon as I got new tires. when I got my truck it had 33in pro comp at junk bald and worn in the center. I was pricing out new pumps because my steering would even be decreased when I got into the brakes. New tires that I could run 45psi load range E instead of D at 35 psi and flat instead of bowed fixed mine I can sit at a light and use an index finger to turn the wheel.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
My 2010 wasn't too bad on stock tires. With my 37's, it'll turn on soft stuff while sitting still, but not on good traction (pavement).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas, I guess that answers my question--They are just stiff with bigger tires when you are not rolling.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
ya mines the same way with dry pavement and 37s, kinda upsetting actually.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Glad Ford fixed this on the 11's. Maybe Ford can put the 11' pump on the 10's..

·
1,060 Posts
Glad Ford fixed this on the 11's. Maybe Ford can put the 11' pump on the 10's..
you just have to rub it in...dont you...:poke Just mess'n with ya. glad they finaly fixed it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts