The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to this thread, and have been doing quite a bit of research on the 2011 F-450. I'm planning to put an order in for a King Ranch in the next few weeks. Love the new style, and can't wait to drive it.

One question...how many current Crew Cab Long Bed owners actually get their trucks into their garage? My garage is 22' 4" deep, and by my calculations, that's just enough to barely squeeze this monster in! Bay width is 8' 10", but I'm less concerned since I can always fold the mirrors if I need to.

Some may think this is silly, but in my opinion, a truck this nice (and expensive) should be garaged!

·
14 Posts
I am planning on getting a 250 crew cab long bed and have also been measuring my garage. Length and width is not a concern but height is. My door height 82" which I could "adjust" to 83" but the 2011 specs show a height of 79.8" and I figure that is a standard truck and does not take into consideration 20" wheels or cab marker lights. I think I will be parking outside.... good thing it will have remote start for the winter mornings.

·
88 Posts
IDK if you are going to get a F450 into a garage that shallow. Mine is 25' deep and I can just get my F250 short bed in. And the only way I can get my boat in is with the break away hitch.

Jerrod

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've double and triple measured. My garage is 268" and not an inch deeper. Based on the 2011 specs found in this thread, the CCLB/DRW F-450 is 263" which leaves me only 5" of clearance! I don't care if I can't get around it since it will be in the end bay, so I just need to be able to close the door.

Perhaps the ol' "tennis ball on a string" approach might work?!

JDL, my height is 84"...just about what yours is. I suspect the difference however (as you pointed out), will be your 20" vs. my 17" wheels. I've got to think that Ford included the marker lights with the height measurement if it was included (which I believe it is for all F-450s and F-350/DRW).

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
dont forget if you are goin to have a hitch, that could burn up your extra 5in

·
1,606 Posts
You could always leave the hitch off until its needed. Then just take it out when finished.

·
21 Posts
You do know that the King Ranch will have some sort of back up alarm? A guy could always back into the garage and use the senor instead of the tennis ball. My garage is 27'-3" and my CC LB fits in with minimal clearance, like 3'.

Another idea is to screw a 2x6 to your end wall in line with your bumper and just go in until you touch the 2x6, wont ruin you sheet rock that way.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts

·
5,365 Posts
you measureing w/ the garage door open or CLOSED ??
the door and HINGES rob you of a couple of inches.

borrow/test drive one from a dealer and take it home
to make sure it fits !

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I'm measuring with the door closed, and I'm leaving clearance for the handles/hinges. Getting it home and trying it out is a great idea! I suppose that wouldn't be too much to ask my dealer given the price of this vehicle. I need only to try a CCLB...don't care which trim. Thanks for the idea.

And yes, I realize that I'll have the backup sensors/camera which should help. In fact, if I need to collapse the mirrors then I'd rather back in anyway since I'd get to use more of the side mirrors.

I'm definitely adding a bigger garage to the wish list for my next house!

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
If you get to the point where the garage doors need replacing, you might want to consider a bump out project. That's what I did, converting my standard 20-foot deep to a 28 foot. It was a 3-car garage; I bumped 2 bays out. Here is what it was:

And here is how it is now (18 foot wide door by 9 foot high):

·
528 Posts
It should fit. I have a CCSB with a 26ft deep garage, but I have a 30in deep work bench. Once in I have about 2feet to spare.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks gents...definitely have me feeling a bit more confident about it. I'm planning to ring my dealer this week or next and find out if they would be willing to let me take one home before I order the 2011. I'll let you know how it goes!

·
528 Posts
For what you are about to spend they better let you take it home and try it.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My sentiments exactly. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My sentiments exactly. I'll keep you posted!
I can order and drop ship you one, but that loaner will be tough............. LOL where are you located?
The 2011 overall lenght is correct at (F-450 172" WB DRW 263.0") Height just under 80"
randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWMB
Randy, I'm basically looking for the same config you priced for Kurt, except in the F-450 frame. King Ranch trim...same color...same options (except I don't need the camper pkg). What's the damage?

Thanks!
Wes

Here ya go Wes, 2011 F-SERIES F450 PU SD
---------------------------
Order No: R015 Priority:
Ord PEP: 678A Cust/Flt Name WES
RETAIL
W4D F450 4X4 CRW PU $62375
172" WHEELBASE
UG WHITE PLATINUM 495
LQ PALE ADOBE ACC
S LTHR 40/CNSL/40
A ADOBE
678A PREF EQUIP PKG
.LARIAT TRIM
.STD GCWR PKG
64J .FRGD ALUM WH-17
76R .REV VEH AID SEN
91M .SYNC SYSTEM
99T 6.7L V8 DIESEL NC
44W 6-SPEED AUTO NC
TBL LT245 OWL AT 17 250
X4L .4.30 LTD SLIP
JOB #1 BUILD
17K KING RANCH NC
16K .KING RANCH MATS
18C .CAB STEP W/LITE
60M .MEMORY GROUP
76S .REMOTE START
76V .RR VIEW CAMERA
.UNIV GARAGE
90H .HEATED SEATS
954 .TWO-TONE PAINT
17X FX4 OFF-ROAD PK 295
.SKID PLATES
13050# GVWR PKG
41A RAPID HEAT 250
41H ENG BLK HEATER 75
425 50 STATE EMISS NC
SPARE TIRE/WHL5 NC
53W 5TH WHL PREP 370
58N NAVIGATION SYS 1875
JACK
66S UPFITTER SWTCH 125
67A DUAL ALTERNATOR 380
85S TOUGH BED $450
FUEL CHARGE
FDAF ASSESSMENT
DEST AND DELIV 975

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 67915
TOTAL MSRP $67915.00 (Invoice $$ about $63000)
*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

=====================
Model Yr: 11 Body: W4D Beg Ord: R015 No Units: 001 End Ord: ____
Ord Type: 2 Series/PEP: 678A Engine: 99 T Trans: 44 W Whlbase: 172
Priority: __ Paint: UG Trim: SA Accent: __ Roof: __
Add: 17K 17X 41A 41H TBL 53W 58N 67A 85S 66S ___ ___ ___ ___
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Del: ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Init: _ Cust/Flt Name: WES__________ Ord FIN: _____ User FIN: _____
PO Number: _____________ Ship-to Code: ______ Additional Trailers (Y/N): _

592 - OPTION ALREADY EXISTS ON THIS ORDER.
INFO X4L LIMITED SLIP AXLE ON ORDER

==============================

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Randy, I'm in Colchester, CT. What would your actual sale price be on this config, and when would it ship (March)?

·
528 Posts
I say take it for an extended test drive that just happens to pass by your house.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I got mad that my old truck wouldnt fit into my garage. So. I bought a new house.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Randy, I'm in Colchester, CT. What would your actual sale price be on this config, and when would it ship (March)?
$63000 would be your cost dropped shipped to CT area.
"Right NOW" second or third week of march would be a good guess. But untill Ford starts sch, building and shipping, it's just a rough guess?? Ford has moved Job1 up once already, so hard to say for sure.
But I have 16 2011 SD's in the order bank as of today. 3000+ Dealers out there ='s how many units pre-ordered???
Thanks, let me know if I can help you out.
randy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts