The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried these injectors. I'm lookin into buying a set, just looking for a little guidance on what size i should get with a twin setup between 5 and 600 horse, daily driver. Im looking for good fuel milage and all around street driveability.

·
3,514 Posts
that depends on what turbos you are running. Rip Rook at source automotive sells the mach series injectors and twins, I'm not sure what his latest developments are, but about 6months ago, he was getting 535hp to the ground with Mach 2's and an S300/S400 combination of turbos with a max egt of 1100.
These injectors are very impressive and won't let you down. We put a set of Mach 4's in a single turbo all diesel truck, and maybe roughly 550hp, that truck also had an HRvp44. But still, its a very impressive injector.
Sean

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good I looked at Rips site like you suggested but I didn't see any twin setups but i guess you have to call for details. Also I looked at the poole's diesel power B1-B2 twins these things look very impressive I called about them and the guy said that they would make the numbers i'm looking for. I have heard nothing but good things about pooles but is anybody out there running the B1-B2 setup.....if so I would like to hear your comments about the setup and the numbers that you are making with them.

·
706 Posts
I run the F1 injectors,and have had 4 different sets in my truck.I would never go with less than a Mach 4 for a twinned truck.In fact I've run the mach 4s in several trucks that only have slight turbo mods,and small fueling boxes or ecm tuning,and a 2nd gen will do about 400 rwhp with a mach 4 and EZ/smarty.I run a Mach 6 every day,year round,towing,plowing,and playing around. If i were you,and you want it all,Id get a Mach 6 or 7. My truck is right around 590-600RWHP,as of last dyno run.

·
411 Posts
If you are planning to stay with a single go with some 4's or 5's. I have 4's now and dropped from a 200hp to 150 injector, but I tell ya these Mach's 4's are hotter than the 200hp set I took out. Good injector, don't think you will find a better one out there.

DB

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, I've heard poole's twins are really a quality product. As for mach 2's or 3's with twins. I don't have any experience with them but I could see spool up being a little on the slow side.
Sean

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would also go with a bigger set instead of the Mach 1's. March 1's are for a little more hp on stock trucks. You wouldn't get a lot of improvement with these and twins. You would just regret it and end up buying some bigger sticks later on. Might as well get 4's at least for the twin setup. I would ask the person that you plan on getting the twins from, they should know what set would run good with the twins for your desired hp.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey ive been thinkin bout gettin some F1's but im going to be running my stock charger with a drag comp and a smarty...what ones would be the best?

·
3,514 Posts
You're running a stock charger. a lot of that depends on how you drive, and what you are using the truck for. If you tow heavy and like to keep your foot in it for a long time, then stay small. My opinion is with the F1's you can afford to go a little fatter because it is a better burning injector. However, if you are towing a really heavy load, then even with your box turned down, running mach 3's and pulling a steep grade could get really hot. If you don't do a lot of towing and back out when you start getting really hot, or only hold it on for short durations, I think you could get away with a mach 3 but you won't be making much more power than with 2's, just smoke and heat.

Your main problem is you will max out your turbo at around 350hp, so all the larger injectors will do is dump fuel on the ground. If you plan on getting a bigger charger or twins down the road, then you can start looking at bigger injectors.
Sean

·
Registered
93 Posts
what charger do u recomend then?...i want something that spools fast but yet can still allow higher hp

·
Registered
93 Posts
i heard you can push an hx-35 into the 50+ psi range without failure is this true?

·
3,514 Posts
strokersmoker20 said:
i heard you can push an hx-35 into the 50+ psi range without failure is this true?
I've heard high 40's to 50. However pretty much anything above 32-35psi, you'll just be pushing hot air and your egt's are going to sky rocket, and you won't gain much power. If you want to make over 350-400hp to the ground, you'll need a better charger than a 35.
Sean

·
706 Posts
You want to make as much power as you use daily with mostly injectors,use the pump wire tap boxes for racing,and hot rodding.If you need to turn the box on all the time,you should be running a bigger injector.The Vp44 pump will live longer running bigger injectors,and a less overdriven pump solenoid.Mach 4s will get you around 350-370 rwhp with no box ,400 or so with an EZ or smarty.This is a nice daily driver power number,if you run small injectors,you will be running around with the box on level 3 just to make the same power. In my truck Ive run the Mach 2.5, Mach 4 and Mach 6.The 2.5s i sold,they are great,but too small for a twinned truck,IMO.The 4's and 6s are incredible.If I had to have one injector to do it all,for the street/towing/daily driving,it would be a Mach 4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I run the 4s in my Sledpuller 66 equipped truck for daily use and love them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts