The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
When you have a chance, I'm looking for a price for a Road Armor rear bumper with tire carrier. Going on a 2005 F-250....

Thanks!

--Snake

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No can do… They don’t make a rear bumper with tire carrier for a truck… Excursion only.

Sorry!

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
dfuser said:
No can do… They don’t make a rear bumper with tire carrier for a truck… Excursion only.

Sorry!
So what is the difference between a excursion and truck bumper??

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
hhrecovery said:
So what is the difference between a excursion and truck bumper??

I was wondering the same thing :shrug:

--Snake

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
Thanks Bill!

--Snake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Road Armor rear bumper

I have Road Armor rear bumpers on a Excursion as well as a F-350. There is a significant difference between them.
The truck has a tailgate hinge brace that intrudes into the bumper two inches. There is no such provision on the Excursion bumper. The profile on the sides as well as below the tail lights is also different.
The Excursion bumper is not a viable option for the F-350.
In retrospect the Fab-Fours bumper would have been a better option for me. With the Fab-Fours you retain the step below the license plate, as well as having steps in the corners of the bumper. I will be welding step loops in the corners to remedy the step problem. There are also bumpers on the market that allow retention of the back-up sensors if applicable. Bill, I hope you don't mind me replying. Mercer

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
bill good luck i ordered my bumpers took 3 and a half months to get them raw metal. pain in the butt but they look sweet.

·
2,612 Posts
what colors do they come? i will be getting a rear bumper for my 03 this spring

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
or raw finish, and then you can paint, powdercoat, line-x, etc yourself.

I got mine raw and then chrome powdercoated them

·
Registered
352 Posts
I like my bumpers... Iron Bull Bumpers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts