The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the factory alarm/remote start installed at the dealer, but when I asked if it came with an owners manual they told me no and that they had to get the install instructions online. On my 05 I had the the same factory set up and found the manual online. I can't find this one anywhere.

What I'm wanting to do is change the run time when i start it with the remote and see if i can hook up one of the extra buttons to fold my mirrors in and out.

This is the system that I have; Remote Start, Remote Keyless Entry & Vehicle Security
Part Number: 7L3Z-19G364-AA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey SAK, I got the same system installed in my truck when I took delivery and they hooked up the mirrors to the 2 button without me even asking. I'm not sure if I got the manual but I'll check. I'd like to cut the wait to start time too (factory is like 30 seconds, only takes like 3-4seconds for glow plug light to go off)

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine starts right away. If you have it that would be great.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't recall, was installed when i got the truck

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TubingJon said:
My dealer quoted me $550.00 installed. The local Truck Shop quoted me $316.00 for a Viper. Is it worth the extra for the factory?
To me it was, I lock my keys in my truck all the time(on purpose) and I can still use the keyless entry on the door and that deactivates the alarm too. most/all other systems dont do that. With this system you can put it in park, take your foot off the brake and hit the start button on the remote and the doors will unlock, turn the ignition off and it will stay running for 10-15 mins. Pretty cool in my book since I dont have to turn the truck off when i run into the store to get something real quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts