The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 95/95 FASS system from LIPD today, coming tomorrow, hope to install by the weekend, as soon as the tank gets a little lower. Is there anything i should look out for while i am doing the install?

LIPD www.longislandperformancediesel.com

·
3,514 Posts
Is your truck a long bed or a short bed. I've never done a short bed, and I understand they are a little bit harder. I found the long bed to be cake, and install was right around four hours the first time, 2 1/2 the second time (a friends, not a replacement).

Disconnecting the fuel line from the tank to the lift pump was the hardest part the first time. The fitting has two tabs that need to be pushed in simultaniously to pull it apart. I've heard of using a zip tie, but that didn't work for me. I used a razor blade(like a sheet rock knife) on top, and my thumb on the bottom. After I figured out to do this, removing the fitting was no problem, and took less than a minute the second install I did. The first install I spent 30 minutes trying the zip tie and figured there had to be a better way.

If you have a short bed, I'm sure that the fuel pick up fitting will be the same, but I'm not sure about mounting the FASS itself and what else you need to do.

Goodluck
Sean

·
1,055 Posts
I love mine, I had it installed, so I can't give you any advise, good luck. If you have a shortbed I think that it will hang down alittle below the bed side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a long bed, so that is good to hear, i am just waiting for my tank to be close to empty so that i can drop it to get to the fuel fittings, thanks for the tips, will let u guys know how it goes.

·
3,514 Posts
You don't need to drop the tank for the 95. The fuel fittings aren't too bad to get to. You didn't get a new in-tank pick-up did you. That should only be for the 150/150.
Sean

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the 95/95, so i don't have to drop the tank, fantastic! I was originally going to get the 150, in that one you have to drop the tank.

·
3,514 Posts
hic316 said:
I just got the 95/95, so i don't have to drop the tank, fantastic! I was originally going to get the 150, in that one you have to drop the tank.
yeah, the 150GPH has a whole new intank pick-up, those are a bit trickier, and unless you are going to run over 550-600rwhp, you shouldn't need one.
Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts