The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for anyone interested I just got through a couple of days ago installing a fass fuel pump with a new pick-up tube kit for the tank. Everything went very well I was suprised to see how easy it went on.
Once I installed a fuel pressure guage I saw that I only had 7 lbs. at Idle and zero at wide open. Now I have 16 at idle and around 11 or 12 at wide open. The only thing that slowed me down was I did not know that my truck had been sent back to Dodge by the previous owner to install fuel pump in the tank. So I was about half way into the install when I realized this so I had to hook the old system and get on the phone and order the new pick up tube for the tank. I got the pick up tube in a couple of days lowered and drilled the tank installed the tube and finished the install. Was kind of worried about the injection pump being bad due to not knowing how long the truck has been running with low fuel pressure but the truck is running great so far with no hard starts and no dead pedal.

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, FASS systems are pretty easy. I've heard people quote 5 hours, but honestly, I can get them done in about 2.5 BS'ing all the way through.
Sean

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Murray689 said:
Once I installed a fuel pressure guage I saw that I only had 7 lbs. at Idle and zero at wide open. Now I have 16 at idle and around 11 or 12 at wide open.
Interesting your stock transfer pump was doing that bad. And your truck was still up and running fine?

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phily 911 said:
Interesting your stock transfer pump was doing that bad. And your truck was still up and running fine?

Yea I know I was really worried after reading the instalation instructions from fass say that I could have problems, but I've been driving it for 4 days now and no thouble so far.

·
3,514 Posts
I have problems with hard starts when hot with my truck sometimes. Its kind of hit and miss, Its because of the bad metering diaphragm like they mention in their trouble shooting guide. I didn't have the issue until 3 weeks after I installed the FASS, and it really only seems to happen when the truck is hot on a hot day.
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts