The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a fass fuel system on there truck and how about 94 to 97 as well as 99s to 03s.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would like to know also. I am looking at this too, but want to hear any pros and cons before I get one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Opinions differ whether or not a person will see any advantages on a stockish type application. Some say yes, some say no.

I have put a few on Dodges and main reason there is to replace failing Lift pump.

For Super Duties -
I run the Air Dog version on my truck and a buddies truck, but have done a FASS on a 6.0. Main reason for that was we were running a TS 165HP box stacked with Tuner and wanted to make sure we would get full fuel. For a stock truck, I can't justify the cost, for modds including sizable injectors, I would say definately. If you are looking for mileage, put your pennies into a good fuel line kit from [email protected] (awesome to work with) or [email protected] (very helpful too). I have ran Dennis's kits on 2 trucks and saw fuel mileage improvement, along with better throttle response and a quieter engine. I would expect same results from Bob's kits as he is a very sharp cookie.

For OBS -
Go with Bean.

Hope that helps.

·
7 Posts
I have it on my truck and it has made a lot of differance, but I dont know if it is the FASS System or that the kit replaces all of the crappy quick connects on the stock fuel line. I would hope due to the price that it is doing more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I should have clarified a little. The "stock" truck we put it on, had an ITP fuel line kit, so all of the quick-connects were gone. Have not personally installed one on a bone stock Ford, so I would say incorporating the line change would show a difference. Good product, don't get me wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts