Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer? Fass or Air Dog...

Would like to keep this civil no bashing if you would like to give a pro and con of each to help me make a decision that would be great.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I went with the Fass 150/95 cause its the one I could find a local dealer whom also installed it.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I went with the Fass 150/95 cause its the one I could find a local dealer whom also installed it.
Same thing for me but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one. I have heard that the AirDog is alot quieter than the FASS, but you get used to the noise after awhile.

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I only hear mine when I turn the music off while sitting still.

·
1,787 Posts
I went with the FASS 150/180.. Not that one was better than the other, but I couldn't beat the deal when I got it.. I had some help putting it on the truck and haven't had any problems.. Installation was nice, clean and easy.. Everything that was needed was in the kit.. Same as the Air Dog 2. The newer Fass systems are not as loud as the old style.. Again you'll be happy with which ever one you choose.. I would have taken the AirDog 2 if the price deal was on that one..
Good luck and hope this helps, Clay

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i vote airdog because i have one and i love it.

though at the same time i helped clay^^ install his FASS and it was a great kit. much quieter than the older ones, thats for sure.

Garrett

·
1,465 Posts
I voted FASS because it's what I have and I really like it. I do like the fact Air-Dog has an adjustable regulator now though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I voted Airdog. I have a Fass 150/150 on my CR, and an Airdog II 165 on my 12 valve. I like them both, but the new Airdog has features that the Fass doesn't have, and for a better price. That's why I voted the way I did.

·
310 Posts
Boothe are good pump but I had to vote for the FASS The new one's are guiter then the old ones I have a 200gl on my 75 ford and 150 on my sons 2000 dodge and 95 on my suburbun6.2 and 2 240gph on the mod 2wd GAMBLER .and a 240gph on DESTROKED

Dale

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for opinions on each

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
i had a fass 150/150 and after i did the p pump conversion it just couldnt flow the fuel. I waited a long time for the DF165 air dog but it was well worth it. I can cruise around now with around 30 psi and when i crack the throttle wide open it goes up to 40psi and doesnt fall below until i lift my foot. with the fass i might of had 20 and when i stepped on it, it dropped to around 14 or 15. IMO the air dog is a much better pump. i love mine and wouldnt ever go back to a fass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts