1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question to all of you is what is your favorite tune for:
(1) Race
(2) Daily Driver
(3) Mileage
...and what is the reason these are your favorite, i.e. driveability, power, mileage (duh), etc.

:mafia1:please don't turn this into a my tuner is better than your tuner, or yours sucks, etc:bdh. I just want everyone to show love for their tuner/tunes.

·
393 Posts
My question to all of you is what is your favorite tune for:
(1) Race
(2) Daily Driver
(3) Mileage
...and what is the reason these are your favorite, i.e. driveability, power, mileage (duh), etc.

:mafia1:please don't turn this into a my tuner is better than your tuner, or yours sucks, etc:bdh. I just want everyone to show love for their tuner/tunes.
Noticed that this thread has had lots of views but no posts, so I decided to get it jump-started. My tuner is a Spartan Dash Daq

(1) I don't Race - I don't have a rich Daddy to fix it if I break it

(2) 250 - Because I get the best mileage with this tune in City Driving and the shifting isn't too bad. I prefer the shifting on the 210, but it cost me about 1 mpg

(3) 275 - Best Highway mileage has been 18.9 with this tune. If I'm towing my 5th wheel, the 250 actually does better than the 275 (11.5 mpg versus 11.0). My truck is a 2010 Crew Cab - 4x4 - 20" tires & wheels - 3.55 axle ratio. I hand-calculate every tank and usually drive 2 to 3 mph over the posted speed limit, which is 70 to 80 on the highway.

Since I don't race, I wish Spartan had a 250 or 275 tune that shifted like the 210. I asked Spartan about offering this tune but was told it couldn't be done.

·
111 Posts
I have ben using the 250 tune for a long time now. Its the highest one i have. I do get pretty good milage and its a fun tune. I was thinking of getting the higher tunes but afraid of breaking stuff??? People seem to like the 275. Whats the difference???

·
606 Posts
I have a Mini with a KEM custom 75hp tune, that will cycle the egr at idle. Highway miles are 20+ with the cruse set at 65. City is around 18. This is all hand calculated. Towing my 9600lb 5ver is where the tune will shine. 12 or higher are normal numbers, with the cruse set at 62. I have a manual, so I believe this helps the mileage.

·
393 Posts
i am using 250 tune from quite a while and very happy with the performance of it as it is very decent in the mileage of it. just want to ask if getting the tune of more power can reduce my mileage
I've tried them all and the Spartan 250 tune has been the best for performance (without fear of hurting my drive train), transmission shifting and fuel economy.

The 210 & under tunes don't get the fuel economy of the 250.

I don't care for the shifting of the 275 & higher tunes but the fuel economy is about the same as the 250 IF you can control your right foot.

·
49 Posts
I usually stay around the 175. Lately I've been running stock w/ dpf delete checking mileage, it's hand calculated at 17 combo. Based on what you guys are saying think I will give 250 a shot for a week or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts