The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 02 powerstroke for his work truck and is looking at buying a new truck this year. I was wondering if you guys were happy with the motor and if you were having any problems. He will be running it hard hauling 15k a lot. Any input is appreciated.
Brent.

·
Registered
259 Posts
so far i only have 1500 miles on mine.but so far its the best pickup iv ever owned or driven.if hes gonna use it as a work truck he wont be disapionted

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 34 K and 755 hours on mine.
1 radiator so far the only problem I've had.
seems it is a supplier problem I think build 2 trucks will be OK.
We pll a 300 series bobcat with a tandem traile and attachments on the trailer
never weighed it but clost to 10K
Best ford ever so far.

Jim

08 KR 350 SRW
4'' lift, 20'' TOYO's on american wheels
Hyper tech, Airaid airfilter
Light bar, 3 pro comp lights
Billet grille inserts, tint,
50 gal fuel/tool box in bed.

·
748 Posts
There is a poll and some other opinions on page 3 of this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Loving my truck

Loving mine 900 miles. The only problem I had (unfortunately not minor) was the injector pump failed. It took two and a half weeks to fix due to the lack of repair experience at the dealer. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess. To bad my baby had to have her cab lifted off to get to the pump. The dealer did a great job and took very good care of me like they always have for the past 8 years. The dealer makes the difference that is for sure. If anyone lives in Kansas City, Bob Allen Ford is my dealer.:bow: They got it all back together and I can't even tell that the cab was removed. Great power and a HUGE improvement over that last years model. I want to drive it all the time!!!!

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!

:Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
Now Cummins Powered
234 Posts
brentos, I have had my 2008 6.4 crew cab lariat for a couple months now. I have 1900 miles on mine at this time, and I have had only minor cosmetic problems to include the leather on my steering wheel was poorly wrapped (replaced under warranty) and chrome lifted off of the grille in a 2 inch spot(replaced under warranty). As far as the mechanical aspect of this truck goes, it can't be beat. It has tons of power, gets up and goes as soon as you plant the pedal and I'm sure your dad will not have any problem pulling 15K properly equipped. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the quality of the new 6.4L motor. I am doing my research now for a SRW F-350 with the diesel. I have some plans and think that this site will be very beneficial. Looking to chat with a lot of you guys about this motor and learning all that I can and passing on things that I learn.

For anyone wondering if this is the same "Thermo" from other sites, yes it is. For those that know me from the other sites, I'm hear to learn and help too.

Chris "Thermo" Coleman and Nukie, the radioactive 97 X (for the moment)

Coming soon, Kilika, the chiefly 09 F-350
Planned mods:
FS2500 oil system
Kelderman full air ride suspension
Bio-diesel fuel conversion kit
Re-worked front end (still being designed, but definitely won't look stock)
Most likely a SCT computer (need more research on if this is compatable with a "full" bio-diesel conversion running 90-95% biodiesel and 5-10% ULSD diesel fuel).
A few other "ideas" (if you know my Expedition, you know what my mind ponders).

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
go for it, the one I drove was awesome, probably the most well outfitted vehicle I've driven, and very mechanically sound, the only problems are sparse and apparently random , and are covered under warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts