The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VP44 has been going down the drain for a few months now and I ordered another along with the Juice Attitude. I currently run an in-tank LP as well as an external LP with the Vulcan big line kit. I had a mech. fuel gauge on it which never seemed to have read right. Now with the attitude(it showed before the new VP44) it shows Im at roughly 24 at idle and 14 WOT. Is this much pressure too much or is it that my VP44 is just not using the fuel its being given? Ive read and spoken to guys who say anything over 14 will burn up the VP. I know its a fine line but where are you Walbro and Holley blue guys running at? Also what numbers are you guys seeing out of your Attitudes? Im hitting 31 on the boost which is the preset alarm. Is this normal. I have messed with the Attitude plenty just not on Cummins so every one seems to be different.
Thanx

·
232 Posts
im running same pressure with stock engine lp and holley blue been for 3 months no problems

·
3,514 Posts
Too much pressure can be a bad thing, I wouldn't want anything over 20psi at idle. Ideally you want about 16idle and 12 WOT. What lift pump are you running? I believe GDP sells a bypass regulator for the Walbro when installed on vp44 equiped trucks.

As far as the boost goes, above 32psi is out of the compressors effective map range. So 31psi is about perfect for a stock charger, it can run higher, but you really just start pushing hot air so your EGT's will start to climb.
Sean

B

·
0 Posts
sstockton said:
Too much pressure can be a bad thing, I wouldn't want anything over 20psi at idle. Ideally you want about 16idle and 12 WOT. What lift pump are you running? I believe GDP sells a bypass regulator for the Walbro when installed on vp44 equiped trucks.

As far as the boost goes, above 32psi is out of the compressors effective map range. So 31psi is about perfect for a stock charger, it can run higher, but you really just start pushing hot air so your EGT's will start to climb.
Sean
Good info above. :Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
:iagree :stupid:

·
348 Posts
Something else to think about. It's not always pressure but flow (volume)you must think about. The amount of fuel you flow is as important as the pressure it is delivered at.
Example: If you are pushing 32 psi but only flowing 10 GPH (gallons per hour) and I am pushing 15 PSI but flowing 60 GPH who's fuel pump will be cooler? as fuel cools the pump. just something to consider .
Pressure is important but so is flow or volume of liquid delivered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts